To ensure everyone is safe and healthy in our community pools, follow these steps from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
Without your help, even properly treated pool water can spread germs. Pool chemicals don’t work right away, and pee, poop, sweat, and dirt use up their germ-killing power.
Protect yourself, your family, and your friends from germs in the water. Follow these easy steps to help keep germs out of the water and stay healthy:
- Stay out of the water if you have diarrhea.
- Shower before you get in the water.
- Don’t pee or poop in the water.
- Don’t swallow the water.
Keep the pee, poop, sweat, and dirt out of the water. Every hour – everyone out.
- Take kids on bathroom breaks.
- Check diapers, and change them in a bathroom or diaper-changing area – not poolside – to keep germs away from the pool.
- Reapply sunscreen.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
Remember, we share the water – and the germs in it – with everyone.