NFPA 13 – Sprinkler Standard
NFPA 72 – Fire Alarm Standard
Chapter 9 of the Ohio Building Code shall specify where fire protection systems are required and shall apply to the design, installation and operation of fire protection systems.
These include and permits are required for the following:
- Automatic Sprinkler Systems
- Alternative Automatic Fire Extinguishing Systems
- Standpipe Systems
- Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Alarm and Detection Systems
- Emergency Alarm Systems
- Smoke Control Systems
- Smoke and Heat Vents
- Fire Command Center
- Fire Department Connections
All fire protection systems shall be installed, repaired, operated and maintained in accordance with the Ohio Building Code and the fire code.