All for-profit organizations must apply for and obtain a license for each individual member soliciting or peddling door to door from the Office of Code Enforcement. The license, when issued, must be worn conspicuously on the outer layer of clothing of each individual peddler or solicitor.
All not-for-profit organizations must register with the Office of Code Enforcement and obtain a registration certificate to sell any product or seek funds or donations door to door. Larger groups may apply for a group permit. In this case, individual registration certificates will be distributed to group members.
All registration certificates must be carried with the individual at all times. Registration certificates explain the group’s purpose and give a physical description of the corresponding individual member.
Activities Requiring No License or Registration:
- People or groups seeking to disseminate any lawful message regarding a cause, issue, religion or political candidate without soliciting funds or donations.
- Peddling or soliciting the purchase of or subscription to newspapers having their principal sale in the City of Dublin, Franklin County, Delaware County or Union County.
- Peddling or soliciting only for wholesale delivery to merchants, manufacturers and other businesses or manufacturing establishments.
- Peddling or soliciting on the invitation or request of the person contacted.
- Peddling or soliciting conducted only to other members of the organization doing the peddling or soliciting.
- Peddling or soliciting in the form of collections or contributions at the regular assemblies, meetings or services of any recognized charitable or religious not-for-profit organization.
No Peddler or Solicitor Stickers
Peddling and soliciting is prohibited in any manner or place between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. or on any Sunday or holiday. Solicitation is limited to those houses not displaying a “No Peddlers or Solicitors Invited” sticker. Stickers may be obtained at no cost at the Dublin Municipal Building, 5200 Emerald Parkway.