In an effort to keep Dublin green and clean, the City of Dublin Code Enforcement will be doing a city-wide inspection of neighborhoods for proper storage/screening of trash and recycling containers beginning November 1, 2016. The inspection will cover all four quadrants starting with the northern quadrant. Some key points to note in the Ordinance passed by City Council in 2010 include:
- All trash and recycling containers must be stored inside a garage or accessory structure.
- Trash and recycling bins should return to inside storage or properly screened area the evening of trash pickup day.
- Containers must be located to the side or back of the residence shielded by a natural landscape barrier.
- The landscape barrier must be 100% year-round opacity within 2 years.
- If a violation occurs– a notice of violation will be mailed to the homeowner.
- If trash/recycling bins are not in compliance upon re-inspection, legal action will be taken. Violation of the ordinance is a minor misdemeanor.
The City’s Code Enforcement officers want to work with residents to help them comply with the ordinance – not issue citations. If you have questions about the ordinance or the kind of screening needed for your home, contact us at 614.410.4600.