MOTION CARRIED 7-0 TO APPROVE THE FOLLOWING 5 ACTIONS:
- Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of November 19, 2012
- Ordinance 74-12 (Introduction/first reading)
Amending Section 2 (Wage & Salary Structure/Administration) of Ordinance No. 73-06 (“Compensation Plan for Non-Union Personnel) (Second reading/public hearing January 14, 2013 Council meeting)
- Resolution 69-12 (Introduction/Vote)
Requesting the Delaware, Franklin and Union County Auditors to Draw Money that May Be in the County Treasuries and to Issue a Draft to the Director of Finance of the City of Dublin for any Money that May Be in the Accounts for the City of Dublin.
- Resolution 70-12 (Introduction/Vote)
Accepting the Lowest/Best Bid for the Light Emitting Diode Street Light Retrofitting Project.
- Resolution 71-12 (Introduction/Vote)
Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into an Agreement with the City of Columbus for Water Line Locating Services for 2013.
SECOND READING/PUBLIC HEARING – ORDINANCES
Adopting the Annual Operating Budget for the Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2013, and Declaring an Emergency.
Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Real Estate Purchase Agreement with American Electric Power Conveying Certain Property Located in the City of Dublin, County of Franklin, State of Ohio, to be Used by American Electric Power for the Construction and Operation of an Electrical Substation.
Authorizing the Appropriation of a 0.113 Acres (with 0.06 Acres Present Road Occupied), More or Less, Fee Simple Interest from the Asman Land Co., Ltd.
Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Necessary Conveyance Documentation to Accept the Dedication of a 0.136 Acres, More or Less, Fee Simple Interest, from the Washington Township Board of Trustees.
INTRODUCTION/FIRST READING – ORDINANCES
Amending the Annual Appropriations for the Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2012. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
Establishing Appropriations Based on the 2013 Operating Budget of the City of Dublin, State of Ohio, for the Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2013. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into a Real Estate Purchase Agreement with Tuller Henderson LLC and Invictus Land Holding LLC, and Declaring an Emergency. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
Authorizing the City Manager to Execute All Necessary Conveyance Documentation to Acquire 1.845 Acres, More or Less, in Fee Simple for Right-of-Way and .395 Acres, More or Less, in Easement for General Utilities from John W. McKitrick, and Declaring an Emergency. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
- Tree Replacement Fee Waiver Request – Master Maintenance Inc., 6200 Wilcox Road
MOTION CARRIED 7-0 TO APPROVE A WAIVER OF 50 PERCENT OF THE $8,000 TREE REPLACEMENT FEE
COUNCIL COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL ROUNDTABLE
- Finance Committee
MOTION CARRIED 7-0 TO APPROVE THE FOLLOWING COMMITTEE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR HOTEL/MOTEL TAX GRANTS AND POLICY CHANGES FOR HOTEL/MOTEL TAX GRANT ADMINISTRATION:
- Approval of cost of City services, not to exceed $10,000 – Arthritis Foundation – Classic Auto Show (Administratively reviewed)
- Approval of cost of City services, not to exceed $5,000 – Club Ohio Soccer – Nike Challenge Cup
- Approval of $7,500 (50% matching funds) – Dublin Convention & Visitors Bureau Irish Experience Grant Program
- Approval of cost of City services, not to exceed $1,000 – Dublin Jerome High School – Homecoming Parade
- Approval of cost of City services, not to exceed $5,750 – Dublin Kiwanis Frog Jump (Administratively reviewed)
- Approval of cost of specifically outlined costs, not to exceed $5,000 -Dublin Scioto High School Lacrosse Boosters Tournament
- Approval of goals and specifically outlined costs, not to exceed $16,832 – Dublin Soccer League – Charity Cup (Administratively reviewed)
- Approval of cost of City services, not to exceed $19,500 – Dublin Youth Athletics – Wayne Williams Memorial Tournament (Administratively reviewed)
- Approval of cost of City services, not to exceed $3,500 with the stipulation that 2013 is the final year of hotel/motel tax funding for this event – Kiwanis Club of Greater Dublin Teen Driving Roadeo
- Approval of specific services, not to exceed $7,700 – Ohio Premier Girls Soccer Club OP Invitational Soccer Tournament
- Approval of grant not to exceed $20,000 – Historic Dublin Business Association Engagement Campaign (Administratively reviewed)
- Approval of grant of $25,000 for the 2013 Football University Top Gun Camp
- Denial of grant for National Intercollegiate Flying Association – SAFECON 2013 – due to previous lack of compliance with grant guidelines
- Postponement of action on the Committee’s grant recommendation for the Dublin Arts Council Community Research Project
- Policy Changes
A follow-up report must be filed within 60 days following the completion of the event. If this date cannot be met, a request for an extension must be submitted to the Director of Taxation. Failure to meet this deadline and/or submit required documentation will automatically exclude the organization from the hotel/motel tax grant process the following year.
- Since this would have the potential to exclude the applicant the following year, staff recommends the follow-up report deadline be extended from the current 30 days to 60 days.
- Based on the policy above, approval is also requested for staff to administratively review and deny hotel/motel tax grant applications prior to the Finance Committee meeting (applications would still be submitted to the Committee as are the administratively reviewed/approved applications).
CONSENSUS ITEMS/MOTIONS CARRIED
Motion carried 6-1 to honor the memory of Captain Nick Rozanski, Dublin resident who was killed in action in military service in Afghanistan, by dedicating in his name the soccer fields at Avery Park, where he committed much of his time to the game of soccer in Dublin. Staff directed to erect two signs at each end of the fields using materials and landscaping consistent and compatible with the surrounding area and subject to staff approval.
Motion carried 7-0 to direct staff to modify the effective date of the 2013 pay adjustments for non-bargaining unit employees from March 1, 2013 to January 1, 2013.
Consensus of Council to send letter as drafted regarding Avery Road rezoning in Columbus.
Consensus of Council that the City continue participation in the Columbus2020 Global Economic Development Engagement, with the funding provided in the 2013 operating budget.
- The Personnel Board of Review will have an organizational meeting on Tuesday, December 11 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers. The oath of office for the new member and election of officers will take place.
- The next Regular meeting of City Council is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Monday, January 14, 2013. An executive session (if needed) will take place at 6:30 p.m., prior to the meeting.