MOTION CARRIED 6-0 TO APPROVE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:
- Notice to Legislative Authority re. Transfer of D5A and D6 permits from Castrop Wolfe Development Co. to Interstate Management Company LLC, 600 Metro Place North & Patio, Dublin, OH 43017
- Notice to Legislative Authority re New D5I permit to WAF79 LLC and Patio, 7148 Muirfield Drive, Dublin, OH 43017
- Ordinance 101-13 (Introduction/first reading)
Amending Chapter 153.044, Technology Flex (TF) District of the Dublin Code of Ordinances (Zoning Code) to Permit Commercial Vehicle Rental as a Conditional Use, and Section 153.002, Use Definitions, to Add a Use Definition for “Truck and Van Rental Establishments.” (Case 13-104ADM) (Second reading/public hearing January 13, 2014 Council meeting)
- Resolution 71-13 (Introduction/vote)
Requesting the Delaware, Franklin and Union County Auditors to Draw Money that May Be in the County Treasuries and to Issue a Draft to the Director of Finance of the City of Dublin for any Money that May Be in the Accounts for the City of Dublin.
- Resolution 72-13 (Introduction/vote)
Declaring Certain City-Owned Property as Surplus and Authorizing the City Manager to Dispose of Said Property in Accordance with Section 37.08 of the Dublin Codified Ordinances.
SECOND READING/PUBLIC HEARING/VOTE – ORDINANCES
Adopting the Annual Operating Budget for the Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2014, and Declaring an Emergency.
Authorizing the Provision of Certain Incentives to Oxford Consulting Group, Inc. to Induce it to Locate and Expand its Office and Associated Operations and Workforce in the City, and Authorizing the Execution of an Economic Development Agreement.
Authorizing the Provision of Certain Incentives to Management and Network Services, LLC to Induce it to Retain and Expand an Existing Office and Associated Operations and Workforce within the City, and Authorizing the Execution of an Economic Development Agreement.
Amending Chapter 35 of the Codified Ordinances to Revise the Fee and Service Charge Revenue/Cost Comparison System and Establishing a Schedule of Fees and Service Charges for City of Dublin Services, and Declaring an Emergency.
Amending Chapter 51, Establishing User Fees and Capacity Charges for the Sanitary Sewer System, and Declaring an Emergency.
INTRODUCTION/FIRST READING – ORDINANCES
Adopting and Enacting a Supplement (S-34) to the Code of Ordinances for the City of Dublin, Ohio. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
Amending the Annual Appropriations for the Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2013. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
Establishing Appropriations Based on the 2014 Operating Budget of the City of Dublin, State of Ohio, for the Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2014. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
Amending Section 2 (Wage & Salary Structure/Administration), Paragraph A of Ordinance 73-06 (“Compensation Plan for Non-Union Personnel”) for the Purpose of Deleting and Incorporating Certain Job Classification Titles and Corresponding Pay Grades, as Addressed in the 2014 Operating Budget, and Declaring an Emergency. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Necessary Conveyance Documentation to Acquire 7.54 Acres, More or Less, Fee Simple Interest Located East of North High Street and West of the Scioto River from Crawford Hoying for Parkland and Right of Way, and Declaring an Emergency. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
INTRODUCTION/PUBLIC HEARING/VOTE – RESOLUTIONS
Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into a Contract for the Provision of Legal Services.
Accepting the Lowest/Best Bid for Emerald Parkway Phase 8 Project.
- Applicant request to take from table Ordinance 70-13 (Rezoning/Preliminary Development Plan – Tuttle Crossing/I-270, Subarea 5A PCD), tabled at August 12, 2013 Council meeting, and schedule this matter for hearing at the January 13, 2014 Council meeting
MOTION CARRIED 6-0 TO SCHEDULE HEARING FOR JANUARY 27, 2014 (DATE of HEARING REVISED AT APPLICANT’S REQUEST)
- Follow-up report re. Bridge Street District Community Forum
CONSENSUS THAT STAFF WILL PROVIDE REGULAR UPDATES TO COUNCIL
COUNCIL COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL ROUNDTABLE
- Finance Committee Hotel/Motel Tax Grant Recommendations
MOTION CARRIED 6-0 TO APPROVE THE FOLLOWING RECOMMENDATIONS:
APPROVAL OF GRANTS:
- Arthritis Foundation Classic Auto Show – cost of City services, not to exceed $10,000
- Club Ohio Soccer – $12,300
Nike Challenge Cup – cost of City services and specifically outlined costs, not to exceed $10,500;
Fall Classic Tournament – cost for field rental at Soccer First, not to exceed $1,800
- Dublin Convention & Visitors Bureau Irish Experience – cost of program, not to exceed $7,500 (matching funds
- Dublin Scioto High School Boosters – cost of City services for the Ohio Middle School Tournament, not to exceed $6,000
- Dublin Soccer League – cost of goals and other specifically outlined costs for the Dublin Charity Cup, not to exceed $21,672
- Dublin Youth Athletics (DYA) – cost of City services for the Wayne Williams Memorial Baseball Tournament, not to exceed $19,500
- Dublin Historical Society – cost for a video of a guided tour of the Coffman House and barn, not to exceed $4,500
- National Intercollegiate Flying Association (NIFA) – costs for facilities rentals, trophies and an awards banquet for the 2014 SAFECON event, not to exceed $8,000
- Dublin Community Bands – $10,000
Cost for an Event Management/Coordinator, not to exceed $6,000;
Cost for Events Marketing, not to exceed $4,000
- Dublin Special Olympics – costs for awards, rental fee of school facilities, t-shirts for volunteers and equipment to host the 2014 Shamrock Games, not to exceed $5,000
- Dublin Kiwanis – $7,000
Frog Jump – cost of City services, not to exceed $5,000
Banners – not to exceed $2,000
- HDBA – cost for the 2014 Engagement Campaign, not to exceed $20,000
- Dublin Jerome H.S. – Homecoming Parade – cost of City services, not to exceed $1,000
(NOTE: This grant was awarded in 2013, but due to The Presidents Cup, the grant monies were not utilized)
POSTPONE DECISION ON GRANT REQUEST:
Dublin A.M. Rotary’s request in the amount of $10,000 for Blarney Bash event be delayed until further information is submitted to the Committee (information is anticipated within the first quarter 2014)
DISAPPROVAL OF GRANT REQUEST:
Dublin United Soccer Club – $4,000 request for 2014 Dublin United Champions Cup Soccer Tournament
- The next meeting of City Council (the 2014 Organizational Meeting) will take place on Monday, January 13, 2014 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers. (An executive session is scheduled at 6:30 p.m., immediately prior to the 7 p.m. meeting.) The newly elected and re-elected Ward Council representatives will take the oath of office, and Council will elect a Mayor and Vice Mayor to serve two-year terms. Council will also appoint members to their four standing committees (Administrative, Community Development, Finance and Public Services) and representatives to various entities (Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission representative, Dublin Board of Education liaison, Dublin Arts Council representative, Planning & Zoning Commission liaison, Logan-Union-Champaign Regional Planning Commission representative).