MOTION CARRIED 6-0 TO APPROVE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:
- Approval of Minutes of Regular Meeting of January 13, 2014
- Resolution 05-14 (Introduction/Vote)
Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Contract with the Franklin County Public Defender Commission for the Defense of Indigent Defendants.
- Resolution 08-14 (Introduction/Vote)
Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into Memorandums of Understanding with the Franklin County Board of Elections for Use of Municipal Property in the Administration of Public Elections.
TABLED ORDINANCE SCHEDULED FOR PUBLIC HEARING
Rezoning Approximately 10.5 Acres, Located on the West Side of Paul Blazer Parkway, Between the Intersections of Rings Road and Parkcenter Circle from PCD, Planned Commerce District (Tuttle Crossing/I-270, Subarea 5A) to PUD, Planned Unit Development District (Tuttle Crossing/I-270, Subarea 5A) to Modify the Development Text and Preliminary Development Plan Regarding Sign and Parking Requirements. (Case 13-056Z/PDP)
MOTION CARRIED 6-0 TO POSTPONE TO FEBRUARY 24 COUNCIL MEETING
SECOND READING/PUBLIC HEARING – ORDINANCES
Ordinance 101-13 (Amended)
Amending Chapter 153.044, Technology Flex (TF) District of the Dublin Code of Ordinances (Zoning Code) to Permit Commercial Vehicle Rental as a Conditional Use, and Section 153.002, Use Definitions, to Add a Use Definition for “Truck and Van Rental Establishments.” (Case 13-104ADM)
PASSED 6-0 WITH AMENDMENT TO PORTION OF SECTION 3(14)(a) – “To minimize views from adjacent streets, this use shall not be permitted on a lot abutting an arterial street or freeway, or Wilcox Road, or on any lot that abuts or is directly across the street from a residential district or use.”
Accepting the Annexation of 4.6 Acres, More or Less, from Washington Township to the City of Dublin. (Petitioner: Jay B. Eggspuehler, 7250 Coffman Road, Dublin, Ohio)
Petitioning the County Commissioners of Franklin County, Ohio for Annexation of Approximately 3.6 Acres of Land Located at 190 N. High Street to the City of Dublin.
Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Necessary Conveyance Documents to Acquire 0.018 Acres, More or Less, Permanent Multi-Use, Utility, Grading, Utility and Drainage Easement and a 0.011 Acres, More or Less, Temporary Easement from James A. Harden and Catherine T. Harden, and Declaring an Emergency.
Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Necessary Conveyance Documents to Acquire 0.054 Acres, More or Less, Permanent Multi-Use, Utility, Grading, Utility and Drainage Easement from JC Land Company, Ltd., and Declaring an Emergency.
Authorizing the Appropriation of a 1.437 Acre Parcel, More or Less, Fee Simple Interest from Peace Hanson LLC, Located at 6570 Riverside Drive, City of Dublin, County of Franklin, State of Ohio.
Authorizing the Appropriation of a 0.34 Acres, More or Less, Fee Simple Interest of Which 0.116 Acres, More or Less, Is Present Road Occupied from Jen-Josh LLC, Located at 6694 Riverside Drive, City of Dublin, County of Franklin, State of Ohio.
Authorizing the City Manager to Dedicate 0.571 Acres, More or Less, of Permanent
Right-of-Way, and 0.128 Acres, More or Less, of Temporary Easement to the Ohio
Department of Transportation in Conjunction with the I-270/US 33 Interchange
INTRODUCTION/FIRST READING – ORDINANCES
Amending the Annual Appropriations Ordinance for the Fiscal Year Ending
December 31, 2014. (Request to dispense with second reading/public hearing)
Rezoning Approximately 27.5 Acres, Located on the North Side of Hard Road and on the West Side of Sawmill Road, from PUD, Planned Unit Development District (NE Quadrant, Subarea 5A) to PUD, Planned Unit Development District (NE Quadrant, Subarea 5A – Amended) to Modify the Development Text and Preliminary Development Plan Regarding an Addition to the Existing Grocery Store and Modifications to the Permitted and Conditional Uses. (Case 13-084Z/PDP/FDP/CU)
SECOND READING/PUBLIC HEARING FEBRUARY 10 COUNCIL MEETING
Authorizing the Provision of Certain Incentives to Everhart Financial Group, Inc., dba Everhart Advisors to Induce it to Retain a Main Office and Associated Operations and Workforce within the City, and Authorizing the Execution of a Development and Land Exchange Agreement.
SECOND READING/PUBLIC HEARING FEBRUARY 10 COUNCIL MEETING
INTRODUCTION/PUBLIC HEARING/VOTE – RESOLUTIONS
Accepting the Lowest and Best Bid for Construction of Additional Storage Buildings and Renovations to the Existing Building.
Waiving the Competitive Bidding Requirement for the Purchase and Installation of a Vehicle Wash System.
Authorizing the City Manager to Enter Into an Agreement with the Ohio Department of Transportation for the Resurfacing of Sawmill Road within the City of Dublin.
Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Necessary Documents for the City to Enter into a Billing Agreement with Washington Township, Ohio for the Provision of Fire and Emergency Medical Services to Those Properties in the Jerome Township Portion of Tartan Ridge for Which Easements for Fire and Emergency Medical Services Have Been Executed by the Property Owners.
- Request for Maintenance Relief – Cramer’s Crossing Village Condominium Association
MOTION CARRIED 6-0 TO POSTPONE TO A FEBRUARY MEETING UPON REQUEST OF ASSOCIATION (HEARING DATE TO BE DETERMINED – EITHER FEBRUARY 10 OR 24)
- Consensus of Council for staff to proceed with the established RFP process for a back-up Mayor’s Court magistrate. Staff will bring a list of qualified candidates to the Administrative Committee for review and recommendation to the Mayor and Council.
COUNCIL COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL ROUNDTABLE
- Discussion of Proposed Council Retreat Topics
COUNCIL TO PROVIDE INPUT TO ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEE CHAIR
- A public meeting regarding the Emerald 8 project has been scheduled for Wednesday, February 5 from 6-8 p.m. at Dublin Scioto High School.
- Mayor Keenan announced that Michael Blackwell, Manager, Dublin Branch Library was selected as the 2014 Grand Leprechaun.
- Chief Al Woo, Washington Township Fire Department announced that the Trustees have confirmed that, upon his retirement in the spring, Assistant Chief Alec O’Connell will be promoted to Fire Chief.
- An interview date for board and commission candidates has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 5, 6 to 9 p.m. in the Council conference room. Recruitment for candidates will begin in February.
- The next meeting of City Council will take place on Monday, February 10, 2014 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers. (An executive session is scheduled at 6:30 p.m., immediately prior to the 7 p.m. meeting.)