Monday, December 9, 2013 – 6 p.m.
Council Chambers – City Hall, 5200 Emerald Parkway
CALL TO ORDER
ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Legal Matters (to confer with an attorney for the public body concerning disputes involving the public body that are the subject of pending or imminent court action)
- Land Acquisition Matters (to consider the purchase of property for public purposes)
- Collective Bargaining (preparing for, conducting, or reviewing negotiations or bargaining sessions with public employees concerning their compensation or other terms and conditions of their employment).
RECONVENE (7:00 P.M.)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Update from Dublin Convention & Visitors Bureau – Scott Dring, Exec. Director
- Recognition of Dublin Coffman High School Marching Band
- Introduction of Dublin Police Community Impact Unit
- Anyone who wishes to speak to an item NOT on the agenda may address the Council. Speakers will be asked to limit their comments to five minutes.
(Items proposed for the Consent Agenda are acted upon by a single motion and vote of Council. However, upon request of a Council Member, any proposed Consent Agenda item may be removed from the Consent Agenda for further discussion/consideration under the regular order of business.)
- Notice to Legislative Authority re. Transfer of D5A and D6 permits from Castrop Wolfe Development Co. to Interstate Management Company LLC, 600 Metro Place North & Patio, Dublin, OH 43017
- Notice to Legislative Authority re New D5I permit to WAF79 LLC and Patio, 7148 Muirfield Drive, Dublin, OH 43017
- Ordinance 101-13 (Introduction/first reading)
Amending Chapter 153.044, Technology Flex (TF) District of the Dublin Code of Ordinances (Zoning Code) to Permit Commercial Vehicle Rental as a Conditional Use, and Section 153.002, Use Definitions, to Add a Use Definition for “Truck and Van Rental Establishments.” (Case 13-104ADM) (Second reading/public hearing January 13, 2014 Council meeting)
- Resolution 71-13 (Introduction/vote)
Requesting the Delaware, Franklin and Union County Auditors to Draw Money that May Be in the County Treasuries and to Issue a Draft to the Director of Finance of the City of Dublin for any Money that May Be in the Accounts for the City of Dublin.
- Resolution 72-13 (Introduction/vote)
Declaring Certain City-Owned Property as Surplus and Authorizing the City Manager to Dispose of Said Property in Accordance with Section 37.08 of the Dublin Codified Ordinances.
SECOND READING/PUBLIC HEARING/VOTE – ORDINANCES
Adopting the Annual Operating Budget for the Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2014, and Declaring an Emergency.
Authorizing the Provision of Certain Incentives to Oxford Consulting Group, Inc. to Induce it to Locate and Expand its Office and Associated Operations and Workforce in the City, and Authorizing the Execution of an Economic Development Agreement.
Authorizing the Provision of Certain Incentives to Management and Network Services, LLC to Induce it to Retain and Expand an Existing Office and Associated Operations and Workforce within the City, and Authorizing the Execution of an Economic Development Agreement.
Amending Chapter 35 of the Codified Ordinances to Revise the Fee and Service Charge Revenue/Cost Comparison System and Establishing a Schedule of Fees and Service Charges for City of Dublin Services, and Declaring an Emergency.
Amending Chapter 51, Establishing User Fees and Capacity Charges for the Sanitary Sewer System, and Declaring an Emergency.
INTRODUCTION/FIRST READING – ORDINANCES
Adopting and Enacting a Supplement (S-34) to the Code of Ordinances for the City of Dublin, Ohio. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
Amending the Annual Appropriations for the Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2013. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
Establishing Appropriations Based on the 2014 Operating Budget of the City of Dublin, State of Ohio, for the Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2014. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
Ordinance 99-13 (Introduction/first reading)
Amending Section 2 (Wage & Salary Structure/Administration), Paragraph A of Ordinance 73-06 (“Compensation Plan for Non-Union Personnel”) for the Purpose of Deleting and Incorporating Certain Job Classification Titles and Corresponding Pay Grades, as Addressed in the 2014 Operating Budget, and Declaring an Emergency. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Necessary Conveyance Documentation to Acquire 7.54 Acres, More or Less, Fee Simple Interest Located East of North High Street and West of the Scioto River from Crawford Hoying for Parkland and Right of Way, and Declaring an Emergency. (Request to dispense with public hearing)
INTRODUCTION/PUBLIC HEARING/VOTE – RESOLUTIONS
Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into a Contract for the Provision of Legal Services.
Accepting the Lowest/Best Bid for Emerald Parkway Phase 8 Project.
- Applicant request to take from table Ordinance 70-13 (Rezoning/Preliminary Development Plan – Tuttle Crossing/I-270, Subarea 5A PCD), tabled at August 12, 2013 Council meeting, and schedule this matter for hearing at the January 13, 2014 Council meeting
- Follow-up report re. Bridge Street District Community Forum 1. Bridge Street Community Meeting Introduction 2. Public Infrastructure and Riverfront Park 3. Private Development Concepts 4. Private Development
COUNCIL COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL ROUNDTABLE
- Finance Committee Hotel/Motel Tax Grant Recommendations