Dublin is committed to making the community a safe place. This initiative follows the City’s successful Take-Back Tuesdays, which resulted in the collection of thousands of pills and raised awareness about opiate addiction in 2017.
Mark your calendars for the remaining take-back days in Dublin:
- August 25: Emerald Fields, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- October 27: Dublin Police Department, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Part of National Take-Back Day)
- December 22: Glick Road Pool, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
What can I bring to Drug take back?
- At this time, the service is taking:
- Medication samples
- Pet medications
- We are unable to take:
- Any type of needle, syringe etc.
- The service is free and anonymous, no questions asked.
Prescription drug abuse is a growing issue across the country.
- Approximately eight people each day in Ohio die from prescription drug overdose.
- There has been a steady increase in deaths each year in Ohio, spiking from 3,050 in 2015 to 4,050 in the most recent report of 2016.
- Nationally, more than 115 Americans die daily because of opioid overdose
- The CDC estimates $78.5 billion is spent each year as a result of prescription abuse