With the winter season, Dublin residents need to prepare themselves for a variety of hazards that could adversely impact them:
- Severe winter weather (i.e. heavy snow, freezing rain, high winds, etc.)
- Extended power outages caused by winter storms
- Prolonged illness caused by influenza or pneumonia.
Dublin residents can get prepared for the hardships of winter by planning early and taking the following measures:
- Insulate your home
- Consider purchasing or updating your insurance policies
- Update your family emergency plans
- Establish a family contact list
- Stock up on food, water and essential supplies
- Prepare emergency supply kits for homes and vehicles
- Invest in alternative heat sources and generators
- Get vaccinated to protect yourself and family members from influenza viruses.
The City has a curb-to-curb snow removal policy whereby all streets within City limits will be plowed and salted as conditions warrant. Read more