The 2015 street maintenance program is underway. Work is scheduled to begin in the following neighborhoods:
- Ernest Way to east of Adventure Drive – Starting Thursday, June 4
- Asphalt placement is scheduled on Clover Ct. and Old Spring Lane Monday, June 8, 2015 through Wednesday, June 10, 2015. There will be no parking allowed on the street between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. each day. Residents are requested to remove vehicles by 7 a.m.
- Access will be maintained when possible during construction, but delays are expected.
- The Monterey Park parking lot will be closed during the resurfacing
- Work will start on Old Pond Drive starting Monday, June 8, 2015. One lane of traffic will be maintained. Some delays are expected.
- Perimeter Drive resurfacing from Commerce Parkway to Discovery is planned for Thursday and Friday, 5-28 thru 5-29
- Cosgray Road: July 20 – August 21, 2015
- Cosgray Road will be closed from Shier-Rings to the CSX Railroad tracks to the south
How do we determine which streets to pave/repair?
The Street Maintenance Program consists of replacement of deteriorated concrete curb and gutter, street base stabilization, milling of deteriorated pavement surfaces and placement of new asphalt pavement. The factors used to prioritize and select streets for inclusion in the program include:
- Existing pavement condition index
- Type and severity of deterioration
- Average daily traffic
- Functional classification of the street
- Annual maintenance costs
- Expected economy of grouping streets by location to gain contractor efficiency and minimize neighborhood disruptions
- We also evaluate the condition of the existing curb and gutter that work is aligned with the pavement work