Historic Dublin Holiday Activities
Additional holiday events sponsored by the Historic Dublin Business Association are scheduled throughout December. More information is available at www.historicdublin.org
- Thursday, November 15 – Historic Dublin Open House 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Thursday, November 29 – Christmas Tree Lighting & Cookies with Santa 6 – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, December 1 – Battle of the Restaurants Chili Cook Off 1 – 4 p.m.
- Saturday, December 1 – Gingerbread Auction 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Thursday, December 13 – Historic Dublin Open House 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Annual Christmas Tree Lighting in Historic Dublin
Thursday, November 29, 2012
The City of Dublin is hosting the annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, beginning at 6 p.m. Thursday, November 29 in front of Indian Run Elementary, 80 W. Bridge Street. This year’s 25-foot tree was planted at the new site to replace the tree that was damaged during the June 29 storm.
This festive evening, which is free and open to the public, will include a visit from Santa Claus and his live reindeer, dancers from Dance Extension, holiday songs from Indian Run and Wyandott Elementary school students, hot chocolate and pizza from Late Night Slice food truck. The highlight of the evening is Santa and Dublin City Council lighting the Christmas tree. And in the spirit of holiday giving the City is accepting donations of children’s winter gloves that will benefit local families in need through Welcome Warehouse.
After the Tree Lighting, the Dublin Branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library, 75 N. High Street, will host cookies with Santa from 7-8 p.m. sponsored by the Historic Dublin Business Association.
View Christmas Tree Lighting in Historic Dublin in a larger map