The City of Dublin’s Bike Brigade is back for the 2018 Independence Day Parade!
Get ready to roll!
You and your friends are invited to take to the streets of Dublin during its Independence Day Parade and participate in the annual Bike Brigade. Show off your Independence Day spirit by decorating your bike to reflect this year’s theme, “Do you feel like we do about the Red, White and Blue?,” while incorporating a patriotic touch.
The parade kicks off at 11 a.m. at the Metro Center on Wednesday, July 4. The Bike Brigade is open to all children ages 6 to 13. All participants will be in one group, riding their bicycles together. For added safety, the Dublin Bicycle Ambassadors will escort the Bike Brigade.
Parents, some FACTS to consider before signing up your child to participate:
- Total time may be more than two hours from the time participants are asked to be in the Bike Brigade staging lot (10 a.m.) until the parade ends and participants return to the Bike Brigade staging lot for pick up (approximately 12:15p.m.)
- The parade itself is 1 mile in length – from Metro Place N. to Waterford Dr. The uphill return route is an additional 1 mile – from Waterford Dr. to Metro Place N.
- Any participating child should demonstrate the ability to ride a bicycle without adult assistance
Rules and Regulations
- Age: 6 to 13 years old
- Decor: Patriotic themed bicycles
- Bikes only. No scooters, Razor scooters, motorized vehicles, skateboards, etc.
- Requirements: Helmets are required for all participants and will be strictly enforced
- Confirmation: We will contact you via e-mail on Friday, June 23 with additional information
Questions? Please contact Doug Cordill at 614.410.4545 or firstname.lastname@example.org