Certain facility rentals require a deposit in addition to the rental fees. The deposit will assure the City that funds are available should the event go past its scheduled rental time and additional rental fees are levied. Groups renting the facilities are financially liable for any damage to the facility or equipment caused by them during use. Deposits are non-refundable if the event is canceled.
The required deposits are as follows:
- $200 deposit for renting any portion of the Community Hall. An additional $100 damage deposit will be collected when the rental group is serving alcohol.
- $100 deposit for renting Coffman and Amberleigh Pavilions
Rental Insurance Coverage
Depending on the risk classification of the event, the rental group may be required to obtain appropriate insurance. If the City requires insurance for the event, the rental group will be asked to provide proof of liability insurance satisfying the City’s lease requirements or purchase liability insurance through the City’s insurance administrator.
- Community Hall – Upon written cancellation of a reservation by a patron for any of these venues the City will refund the rental fees collected, less the rental deposit.
- Birthday Parties, meeting rooms, shelter houses, amphitheaters and pavilions – Upon written cancellation of a reservation by a patron for any of these venues at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled event, the City will refund the rental fees collected, less a $10 administrative fee. Refunds will not be issued for cancellations made within two weeks of the event. Refunds are not given for inclement weather.
Facility Rental Frequently Asked Questions
Where and when can I make my reservation?
All rentals can be made in person at the Dublin Recreation Center or via phone. Please contact the Reservations Staff at 614.410.4550. Reservations can be placed during the business hours of 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Friday. Birthday parties and shelter house reservations can also be made online 24 hours a day.
Am I responsible for set-up and clean-up?
The DCRC is responsible for the room set-up at all indoor facilities. This includes table and chair arrangements, as well as stage or dance floor set-up in the Community Hall if applicable. Guests are responsible for the clean-up within their contracted rental time period. All trash must be placed in the appropriate receptacles upon check-out. Facilities needing excessive cleaning following an event will jeopardize the patron’s chance of receiving a full deposit refund.
Can we serve alcohol?
Guests are limited to serving beer and wine after 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights only in the Community Hall. Guests must comply with State of Ohio liquor laws. Additional proof of insurance may be required. Special Duty Police Officer(s) must be contracted by the rental group and are required on the premises throughout the entire event when alcohol is being served. All alcohol must be served by a licensed caterer. An additional $100 refundable damage deposit will be collected for rental groups serving alcohol. Serving or consuming alcohol within the parks is prohibited.
How late can I rent a facility?
The rental hours follow the operating hours of the DCRC, Monday- Friday, 5:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Rentals can be extended to midnight on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only. The indoor pool and gymnasium may be rented from 8:15 p.m. – 10:15 p.m. on Saturdays only. All after-hour rentals must be reserved at least 30 days prior to the event.
Parks are open from dawn to dusk (7 a.m. – 9 p.m.).
I have a Dublin address. Does that mean I qualify for the “Dublin Resident” rates?
Not necessarily. There are several areas that have mailing addresses that are labeled “Dublin” but are not actually within City of Dublin limits, and are not subject to Dublin property taxes.
- Dublin Residents – those who pay property taxes to the City of Dublin
- School District Residents – those who have a mailing address of Dublin and attend Dublin City Schools that do not pay property taxes to the City of Dublin. These residents pay taxes to the school district but none go directly to the City of Dublin for city services.
- Nonresidents – this group includes anyone that does not fall into the categories described above
If you are still unsure what rate category your household falls under, please contact the DCRC (614.410.4550) and the staff would be glad to assist you.
When will my deposit payment be refunded?
For those facilities requiring a deposit, the deposit payment will be refunded, pending any deductions, within 30 days of the event. The deposit refund will mailed, in the form of a check, to the guest whose name appears on the contract.
What is included in the rental fee?
The rental fee includes use of the facility, set-up of tables and chairs (if applicable), and use of A/V equipment and internet access (if applicable). Admission to the Dublin Recreation Center (use of fitness floor, pool, etc.) is not included in the rental fee, but may be available for an additional cost.
How far in advance can I reserve a facility?
All facilities can be reserved up to one year in advance.
Does the DCRC provide food or beverage service?
DCRC does not provide food or beverage service. However, guests are permitted to hire an outside caterer or bring their own food and drinks.
Subway is open at the DCRC Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 8 p.m., and 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Subway offers its full menu of sandwiches, salads, soups, breakfast items and beverages. For additional information call Subway at 614.792.7827.