In 2016, Dublin City Council adopted a Debt Policy. The purpose of the policy is to provide guidelines to City Council and the Administration regarding the use of debt to finance capital projects. The City’s legacy of financial stability is built upon a conservative approach to spending as well as a long-term commitment to full and timely repayment of debt.
The City of Dublin Debt Policy stipulates that of the 25% of the City’s income tax revenue that is reserved for capital improvements, 60% will be dedicated to fund debt service while the remaining 40% is used to cash fund projects.
*It is recommended that the narrative be reviewed in conjunction with the presentation.