Fitness tests can help determine baseline fitness levels, provide information to help reach fitness goals, and track progress. Schedule a test today! (Some tests require complete forms/paperwork, click on each test for more information and forms).
MYZONE Fitness Activity Tracker
The DCRC has partnered with MYZONE to provide our patrons with the most accurate heart rate and activity tracking system. With the free MYZONE App you can view a live feed of your workout intensity, calories burned, receive workout summary reports, monitor you progress and much more. Learn more and get started here.
Body composition (percent fat and lean) reflects the results of both physical activity and nutritional practices. Body weight alone can be very misleading. The scale cannot tell the difference between a pound of fat and a pound of muscle.
Over time, people tend to gain fat and lose muscle without an obvious change in their weight. And, even though we need a certain amount of fat in our bodies to ensure good health, excess body fat has been found to increase the risk of diseases such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease. On the other hand, too little body fat can also pose a number of health risks, especially for women.
Only by accurately measuring body composition do you learn the amount of fat and lean tissue that makes up your weight, enabling sensible decisions regarding nutrition and exercise programs. It’s the best way to get the “whole picture” of what’s really going on in your body.
- Individual Analysis – $25 for DCRC pass holders or $35 for non-pass holders
- Three Visits – $50 for DCRC pass holders or $70 for non-pass holders
See a Fitness Attendant to sign up
Total Fitness Program
The Total Fitness Program is great for measuring baseline levels and getting start with an individualized exercise program. The Total Fitness Program consists of a testing and interview day, followed by up to four meetings with a member of our staff to help you get started on your very own program.
- Body composition analysis using the Bod Pod
- Individualized fitness program designed to be completed at the DCRC
- Up to four program orientation to help you learn your individualized exercise program
To schedule a test, please contact the Dublin Community Recreation Center at 614.410.4550.
Total Fitness Program – $99 for DCRC pass holders or $129 for non-pass holders
Pre Test Directions
For best test results, on the day of the test:
- Do not exercise on the day of the test.
- Do not eat anything within an hour of the test.
- Avoid drinking caffeine on the day of the test.
- You will need to wear lycra or spandex form fitting clothing or a bathing suit. We have extras if you do not have any of this type of clothing.