Who replaces street trees?
- In new subdivisions the street trees are under a warranty period and are the responsibility of the developer/builder. The landscape contractor hired by the developer/builder will plant the replacements. The City forester sends a list to the landscape contractors notifying them of what trees need to be replaced.
- After the warranty period expires it is the responsibility of the City of Dublin to replant street trees.
Why are street trees removed?
Street trees may be removed for a variety of reasons:
- The tree has died and needs to be replaced.
- The tree has been infected with a disease that may not be treatable or may pose a risk of infection to other trees in the area.
- The tree has been deemed a hazard because of significant structural weakness, history of failure (branch drop), or is located in an area that it blocks view of traffic or public safety personnel.
- Trees may be removed as part of the sidewalk replacement program. These trees are removed if a significant amount of tructural roots are removed. This would be enough to destabilize the tree and pose the risk of whole tree failure.
Can you remove my tree because it is messy?
- In most cases, messiness is not sufficient cause to remove a tree. Tree litter can be placed in paper landscaping bags and left out for the normal pickup route.