AEP Ohio completed a cable replacement project that was important to future electricity requirements and service reliability.
AEP installed a second line of cable on seven existing transmission structures. In addition, three new poles were erected as part of the Amlin substation. The existing transmission structures were designed to accommodate a second set of wires that will mirror the existing wires. The second set of cable were installed using helicopters.
Some information about this project:
- Project timeline is February to late June, weather permitting.
- Helicopters will only fly during daylight hours between 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., and when weather conditions are favorable.
- AEP plans to work six days a week. It may be necessary for them to work on Sundays depending on the overall progress of the project.
- A section of bike path along Corazon Drive may be temporarily closed and barricaded for an equipment and landing zone to be set up at the end of a cul-de-sac along Corazon Drive.
- AEP has made direct notification to residents immediately adjacent to the transmission line where the work will take place.
- When complete, the new line will stretch approximately 10 miles, including through the city of Dublin and Washington Township in Franklin County, Jerome Township in Union County, and Concord and Liberty townships in Delaware County.
- Residents who have questions or concerns about the project may call the AEP Ohio Transmission Project Information Line at 614-883-6929 or 1-877-215-9261, or send an email inquiry through “contact us” on AEPOhio.com.