(Dublin, Ohio) – The City of Dublin is hosting the annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, beginning at 6 p.m. Thursday, December 5 in front of Indian Run Elementary, 80 W. Bridge Street.
This festive evening, which is free and open to the public, will include lighting the 25-foot Christmas Tree, a visit from Santa Claus and his live reindeer, dancers from Dance Extension, holiday songs from Deer Run Elementary school students, hot chocolate and pizza from Late Night Slice food truck. The highlight of the evening is Santa and Dublin City Council lighting the Christmas tree. And in the spirit of holiday giving the City is accepting donations of children’s winter gloves that will benefit local families in need through Welcome Warehouse.
After the Tree Lighting, the Dublin Branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library, 75 N. High Street, will host cookies with Santa from 7-8 p.m. sponsored by the Historic Dublin Business Association.
Additional holiday events sponsored by the Historic Dublin Business Association are scheduled throughout December. More information is available at www.historicdublin.org
Holly Days in Historic Dublin
December 7, 2013 – Festivities from Noon until 4 p.m.
- 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Firefighters for Kids will have a fire truck at the Dublin Library and will be collecting toys for donations
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Gingerbread House Silent Auction for Make a Wish Foundation at The Sister’s Sweet Shoppe
- 1 – 3 p.m. – Mr and Mrs Claus at La Chatelaine
- Noon – Richens/Timm Academy of Irish Dance Will Perform at BriHi Square
- 1 and 1:30 p.m. – Glacier Ridge and Deer Run choral groups will perform
- 2 – 3 p.m. – The Columbus Zoo will have animals at BriHi Square
- 2 – 3 p.m. – Dublin Singers will be caroling throughout the district
- Free trolley rides from 1 – 4 p.m.
- The12 Elves of Dublin Scavenger hunt continues.
- Various retail and snack specials throughout the district.
Sue Burness, City of Dublin Public Affairs Officer
Twitter/@sueburness @DublinOhio @DublinPolice www.DublinOhioUSA.gov