Long-time Community Volunteer Has Been the Voice of Coffman Sports since 1995
- Community volunteer, long-time resident, and former president of the Dublin Citizens Police Academy, George Bell, will lead Dublin’s Greenest, Grandest St. Patrick’s Day Parade as the 2018 Grand Leprechaun on Saturday, March 10.
- In this role, Bell will preside over Parade activities including serving as judge of the Parade float decorating contest featuring more than 110 units.
- Bell retired from Fruehauf Trailer Corporation after 26 years. He married Carolyn Peterson in 1958 and moved to Dublin in 1984 where he almost immediately became involved in Dublin Coffman sports. He officially took over as the announcer for football games in 1995 where he continued to do so for the next 13 years.
- In 2018, Bell was inducted into the Dublin Athletic Hall of Fame for his service to the community and his commitment to Coffman sports. He continues to announce Boys and Girls Basketball games and his trademark, “Let’s get ready to rumble,” kicks-off every home game.
- In his nomination of George, 2007 Grand Leprechaun A.C. Strip said, “Nobody to my knowledge has donated more hours in the last 25 years to this community than George Bell. He is the voice of Coffman sports, but seldom seen. He is a humble man so deserving of this honor.”
- A graduate of Lewis University and a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, George is also an active volunteer with the Dublin Citizens Police Academy and a 32-year member of New Hope Church.
- George is a Dublin resident and lives in Muirfield. He has five children, 16 grandchildren and 20 great grandchildren.
- For more information and a complete schedule of St. Patrick’s Day festivities in Dublin, visit http://dublinohiousa.gov/events/st-patricks-day-parade/or contact Events Administration at 614.410.4545.
- Love a parade? Join the fun and submit a Parade Application today! Cash prizes will be awarded to the best parade entries.
- Become a Volunteer! The St. Patrick’s Day Parade wouldn’t be possible without a team of dedicated volunteers.
Talk To Us Directly:
- We can arrange a conversation with an Event spokesperson or our Grand Leprechaun – just ask!
- Visit our FAQ Page for quick tips and information on the City of Dublin St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
The City of Dublin will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the Greenest, Grandest Parade on Saturday, March 10, 2017. Dublin’s Irish attitude will be on display as more than 100 units travel from Metro Place through Historic Dublin. After the parade, enjoy Irish entertainment at Dublin’s restaurants and pubs. For more information and a complete schedule, visit http://dublinohiousa.gov/events/st-patricks-day-parade/ or contact Events Administration at 614.410.4545.
Mary Jo DiSalvo
City of Dublin
City of Dublin