(Dublin, OH) – In preparation for the City of Dublin’s Independence Day Celebration at Coffman High School on July 4, the stadium field and the grounds surrounding the high school stadium on Coffman Rd. will be sprayed after dusk, Thursday, July 3.
The safety and comfort of residents and visitors attending the July 4th Independence Day festivities at Coffman High School is the City’s first priority.
For information on mosquito spraying and bite protection/prevention please go to www.myfcph.org. Residents can also call (614) 525-BITE (2483) or the website to report problem areas in their community.
Residents are encouraged to visit the websites often for spray maps and other mosquito information.
Tips to avoid mosquitoes during your 4thof July festivities.
- Mosquitoes are attracted to anything they can get a blood meal from. By taking simple precautions, you can lower your chances of getting bit by mosquitoes and avoid mosquito-borne diseases.
- Avoid being outdoors at dawn and dusk when mosquitoes are most active. If you plan to watch fireworks or enjoy the evening outside with family and friends, wear light colors, long sleeves, long pants, and socks. Mosquitoes can pierce tight clothing so be sure to wear loose-fitting clothing.
- Repellants also play an important part in protecting yourself from mosquito-borne diseases. Products containing DEET and Picaridin typically provide longer-lasting protection than others, but products containing Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus (PMD) or UR3535 also provide a reasonable amount protection. Please follow label directions when applying mosquito repellants and see if it is appropriate to apply to children, as some may have concentrations not suitable for small children. When camping or spending time outdoors, consider Permethrin treated bed-nets, tents, or clothing.
- Another suggestion is to avoid perfume, colognes, or other heavy scents that may attract mosquitoes.
- Make sure door and window screens are tight fitting and free of holes to keep mosquitoes outside.
Sue Burness, Public Affairs Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
614.226.5382 (mobile) 614.410.4508 (office)