(Dublin, OH) – The City of Dublin will kick off a number of construction projects this summer including a roundabout at Hyland Croy Road and Brand Road and the bikepath extension along Dublin Road. Both projects will involve road closures in early June.
The recent Community Attitude Survey revealed eight out of 10 Dublin residents have position impressions of Dublin’s roundabouts. The survey results reaffirm the City’s commitment to build more roundabouts that improve traffic flow and reduce the impact of injury-related crashes.
Director of Engineering Paul Hammersmith said in addition to the roundabout and bikepath extension, work continues with the City of Columbus on the Emerald Parkway widening project which should be completed by this August, weather pending.
And the City will also begin its annual street and sidewalk maintenance program. Locations can be found on the City’s website and new interactive construction map at: http://dublinohiousa.gov/engineering/construction-updates/
Hyland Croy/Brand Road Roundabout
A multi-lane roundabout will be built in 2013 at the intersection of Hyland Croy Road and Brand Road near Dublin Jerome High School. The project has been awarded to George J. Igel Company, Inc. submitting the lowest bid of $3,103,455.23
- The tentative construction start is May 2013 with a target completion by the end of August, 2013.
- The south (Hyland Croy) and west (Mitchell DeWitt) legs of the intersection will be closed June 6, 2013 for the duration of the project.
Dublin Road south bikepath
Construction will extend the City’s shared use path system on Dublin Road from Hertford Lane to Rings Road. The project involves the construction of approximately 1,230 feet of 8-foot wide asphalt bikepath, concrete ramps, stone walls, and a pre-fabricated pedestrian bridge. Decker Construction Company, Inc. was awarded the project submitting the lowest bid of $299,171.58.
- Dublin Road will be closed between Hertford Lane and Rings Road beginning June 7 until the project is completed in late August, 2013.
Detours are as follows:
- Southbound on Dublin Road – west on Rings Road, south on Frantz Road, east on Tuttle Road, south on Dublin Road.
- Northbound on Dublin Road – west on Tuttle Road, north on Frantz Road, east on Rings Road, north on Dublin Road.
- Dublin Road between Tuttle Road and Hertford Lane will be open to local traffic only.
- Resident homes north of Hertford Lane on Dublin Road must access from Rings Road and Dublin Road.
- Resident homes south of Hertford Drive on Dublin Road must access from Tuttle Road and Dublin Road.
Dublin Road Water Tower
The Dublin Road water tower is nearing completion with painting scheduled for May. City Council recently approved the paint scheme.
Information on roundabouts and city construction projects can be found at http://dublinohiousa.gov/engineering/construction-updates/
For more information, contact Sue Burness at 614.226.5382 firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter/@sueburness @DublinOhio www.DublinOhioUSA.gov