- Grammy winning artist, Peter Frampton, will headline the City of Dublin Independence Day Celebration on Tuesday, July 4 at Dublin Coffman High School stadium.
- As one of the most celebrated artists and guitarists in rock history, Frampton is best known for his hits titled, “Baby, I Love Your Way,” “Lines On My Face,” “Do You Feel Like I Do,” “Show Me The Way” and more.
- At only 16, Frampton was lead singer and guitarist for the British band, the Herd. Two years later he co-founded one of the first seminal rock super groups, Humble Pie.
- His fifth solo album, Frampton Comes Alive! is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year and remains one of the top-selling live records of all time.
- Frampton was recently inducted in the Musicians Hall of Fame and played an integral part in the 50th anniversary celebration of the Beatles’ arrival in the U.S.
- All guests four and older will need a Stadium wristband or Reserved Table Wristband to enter Dublin Coffman High School Stadium.
- To access the Kids Zone, wristbands are not required. However once inside, some Wee-Folk activities will require a $5 Kids Zone Wristband.
- Dublin residents and Dublin School District residents will be able to purchase Stadium wristbands guaranteeing access to the event for $5 beginning Monday, June 19 at 8 a.m. at the Dublin Community Recreation Center (DCRC) during normal operating hours. Wristbands will be limited to eight per household. Proof of residency is required.
- Unsold Stadium wristbands will be free to the general public and available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, July 4 at Dublin Coffman High School Stadium.
- The 2017 Independence Day Celebration theme is “Do You Feel Like We Do About the Red, White, and Blue?”
The 31st Annual Sherm Sheldon Fishing Derby kicks off the daylong celebration at 8 a.m., followed by the annual parade at 11 a.m. The Celebration at the stadium begins at 4:30 p.m., followed by an impressive display of fireworks and the Grand Finale at 9:50 p.m.For questions, contact City of Dublin Events Administration at 614.410.4545 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Become a Sponsor or Patriotic Table Partner! Contact Mary Jo DiSalvo at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
- Become a Volunteer! The Independence Day Celebration wouldn’t be possible without a team of dedicated volunteers.
- Apply for Media Credentials to the 2017 Independence Day Celebration today!
Premier Allergy, Dublin Methodist Hospital, Tim Hortons, Dr. Pepper/Snapple, This Week Newspapers, Sunny 95
- Become a fan of the City of Dublin on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news and giveaways!
- Join the conversation by following the City of Dublin on Twitter @dublinohio
- Follow the City of Dublin on Instagram at @dublinohio and share your favorite photos of the event.
- City of Dublin Independence Day Celebration: http://dublinohiousa.gov/independence-day-celebration/
- City of Dublin Independence Day Celebration Table Sales: http://dublinohiousa.gov/events/independence-day-table-sales/
- Grand Marshal: http://dublinohiousa.gov/events/independence-day-grand-marshal/
- Volunteer: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1793406343
- Media Credentials: http://dublinohiousa.gov/events/independence-day-media-credential-request-form/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dublinohio
- @dublinohio: https://twitter.com/dublinohio
- @dublinohio: http://instagram.com/dublinohio
Past Years’ Independence Day Acts
|2016||Joan Jett & the Blackhearts and KC and the Sunshine Band|
|2014||Earth, Wind and Fire|
|2009||Four Tops & Boyz II Men|
|2008||Rick Springfield & Taylor Dayne|
|2007||KC and the Sunshine Band and Village People|
|2006||Pat Benatar & Otis Day & the Knights|
|2005||Huey Lewis & the News|
|2004||Sheena Easton and Kool & The Gang|
|2003||Tommy James, Chuck Negron
(Tommy James did not perform due to storm cancellations)
|2002||David Cassidy & Don McLean|
|2001||Little Richard, Mitch Ryder, Lou Christie, Billy J. Kramer, The Marvelettes and Andy Kim|
|2000||Mary Wilson of the Supremes, The Miracles, The Drifters, The Coasters and Jay and the Techniques|
|1999||Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, the Tokens and the Shangri-Las|
|1998||Peter Noone, Davey Jones and Bobby Sherman|
|1997||Frankie Avalon and Jan & Dean|
|1996||Little Anthony and the Original Imperials|
|1995||Dion, Mike Albert & The Big “E” Band|
|1994||Chubby Checker and the Wildcats|