The City of Dublin is committed to providing residents access to waterways. Currently there are four formal access points for canoes and kayaks in Dublin:
- Amberleigh Community Park
- Dublin Spring Park
- Emerald Parkway Bridge Parking Lot (beneath I-270 on Riverside Drive)
- Scioto Park
Additionally, fishing is permitted and encouraged in all City of Dublin ponds, with three parks offering formal fishing access:
- Amberleigh Park
- Donegal Cliffs
- Kiwanis Riverway Park
- Scioto Park
Residents should always use caution near waterways. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources suggests the following when boating:
- Never boat alone.
- Wear a lifejacket at all times, particularly in moving water.
- Be prepared to swim.
- Dress properly and bring an extra change of clothing with you in a waterproof bag.
- File a “float plan” with a reliable person indicating where you are going and when you will leave and return.
- Do not overload or unevenly load your boat.
- Always maintain three points of contact (for example, two hands and one foot touching the boat) while moving around in the boat.
- Watch for river and lake hazards.
- Never mix alcohol and boating.
- Should an immersion occur, try to get out of the water as quickly as possible.
- Know your abilities.
- Carry a rescue throw bag with sufficient line.
For a complete guide to paddling safety and other water safety tips, visit http://watercraft.ohiodnr.gov/safetytips