Building Dublin’s Future
Nearly 40 years ago, village leaders – along with Jack Nicklaus – made a bold decision to create Muirfield Village Golf Club. Their vision and dedication continue to set the tone for Dublin today – and that’s especially true with the Bridge Street District on the horizon.
The Bridge Street District is an entertainment, dining and retail destination with civic spaces, riverside park amenities and appealing housing options. The current phase is situated primarily along the banks of the Scioto River. This urban, walkable district is poised to be our next economic development driver – attracting new businesses, jobs and a talented, young workforce.
Nationwide, substantial demographic shifts are shaping new development patterns. There is a renewed interest in urbanism and more densely developed, walkable neighborhoods ~ driven by young professionals’ desire for single-person households and empty nesters seeking an active lifestyle in vibrant environment.
The Bridge Street District – 1,100 acres that stretches from I-270/US33 to Sawmill Drive and I-270 to southern properties on Bridge Street – is Dublin’s response to this trend. This dynamic vision will define and differentiate Dublin, provide more choices for our residents and corporate citizens and add value to our existing homes. It will also expand the unique attributes of destinations such as Historic Dublin, Dublin Plaza and the Shoppes at River Ridge as well as housing options such as Greystone Mews.
At the core of the Bridge Street District planning is walkability and connectivity: blending neighborhoods, businesses, civic uses and green space while making Dublin a healthier and more vibrant city in which to live, work, enjoy and thrive.
- Have questions about the Bridge Street District? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions to learn the answers to questions like, Where is the Bridge Street District, and why focus on this part of the city? and other questions related to housing, traffic, and more.
- Looking for a quick overview of the Bridge Street District? Visit the Fast Facts page.
- You can learn more about the Bridge Street District Special Area Plan in the Dublin Community Plan.
- Are you planning to develop property in the Bridge Street District? Find out what you need to know on the Developing the District page.
- Want to learn more about the history of the Bridge Street District plan? Explore the District Background and Videos & Presentations pages.
- What’s the latest on the Bridge Street District? Keep scrolling, or visit the In the News page to view the latest headlines.
The Bridge Street District – expanding Dublin’s unique attributes in a defined area; preserving quality and tradition community-wide.