Great changes have occurred since 1970 when Dublin was a small village of fewer than 700 people. In only 40 years Dublin become home to more than 41,000 residents and the city has become an internationally-recognized suburb in Central Ohio. Much like Dublin’s great change, technology and the way we do business has also evolved. In contrast, however, the City’s industrial zoning districts have remained largely unchanged since 1970. The TechFlex zoning district was created in 2011 to update Dublin’s industrial development standards while providing additional flexibility in land use, thereby providing a modern look to the city’s job producing areas.
Contact Gary Gunderman, AICP, Planning Manager at 614.410.4682 or email@example.com for more information regarding the Shier Rings TechFlex District.
Objectives for Industrial District Modifications
- In considering enhancements that will make Dublin’s industrial districts more business-friendly, the following key elements are being considered:
- Adopt zoning regulations to implement a new flexible industrial district that will achieve the stated project goals in a manner that will benefit both the municipality and individual property owners;
- Complete a City-sponsored zoning of key properties and repeal Dublin’s existing Restricted Industrial (RI) and Limited Industrial (LI) districts;
- Phase out and repeal the General Industrial (GI) District as part of development efforts within the Economic Advancement Zone; and
- Coordinate and align zoning to match efforts to promote and market the various districts that comprise the Central Ohio Innovation Corridor.
Shier Rings TechFlex District Code
City Council adopted the Shier Rings TechFlex District code on May 23, 2011. City-sponsored area rezonings were also adopted on June 27, 2011.
Emerald Corporate District – Download
Shier Rings TechFlex District Zoning – Download