Did you Know That:
- The City of Dublin Income Tax Division provides taxpayer assistance regarding income tax matters between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Your mailing address (i.e., area post office or school district) does not always reflect the taxing jurisdiction in which you live. Not sure if you actually live in the City of Dublin? Find out by clicking here or call 614.410.4460.
- As a Dublin resident, you are responsible for paying additional tax if the tax rate where you work is less than 2.0%.
- Social Security benefits, pension income, welfare payments, state unemployment, workers’ compensation, interest and dividends are not subject to Dublin city tax.
- The filing deadline for calendar year taxpayers is Monday, April 15. All extension requests must be submitted on or before this date.
- Extensions are an extension of time to file not an extension of time to pay any tax due. Payment of any estimated tax due should accompany the extension request
- A copy of the Federal extension (Form 4768 – Individuals, Form 7004 – Corporations, and Form 8736 – Partnership, REMIC or for Certain Trusts) is acceptable but must be submitted to the City by the original due date of the return.
- If you do not have city tax withheld from your earnings, you must file a Declaration of Estimated Tax here http://dublinohiousa.gov/taxation/individual-forms/ and remit quarterly installments totaling that estimate to the Income Tax Division.
- You do not need to file a return if you were under 18 years of age during the entire tax year. In fact, if your employer withheld Dublin tax from your wages, you are entitled to a refund.
Questions? Call 614.410.4460
Are YOU required to file a Dublin Income Tax Return?
INDIVIDUALS – Ask yourself these questions:
1. Was I over 18 and a resident of the City of Dublin for any portion of the tax year?
Your mailing address (i.e. post office or school district) does not always reflect the taxing jurisdiction in which you live. When in doubt, find out by clicking here or call 614.410.4460.
2. Did I have any other earnings in Dublin from which at least 2.0% was not withheld?
Self-employment income, net income from rentals, tips, commissions, etc. are taxable to the City as earned income. If you have rental property in Dublin or other business income earned within Dublin, you must file a return even if you show a loss.
If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, you are required to file a Dublin income tax return. Forms and instructions are available on our web site http://dublinohiousa.gov/taxation/individual-forms/ or you may call the Income Tax Division 614.410.4434.
The Tax Division is located at 5200 Emerald Parkway, Dublin, Ohio 43017 and is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our mailing address is City of Dublin, Income Tax Division, PO Box 9062-0962, Dublin, Ohio 43017.