Dublin City Council is now accepting applications for an appointment to fill unexpired terms to the following boards and commissions:
Architectural Review Board
City of Dublin Codified Ordinances §153.172 (B)(1) specifies that:
(1) Membership of the ARB shall consist of the following:
- A member of the Dublin Historical Society recommended by the Society.
- A person who maintains his or her personal residence within the District or one of the designated landmark properties as herein defined.
- A person who owns commercial property within the District.
- A person who has architectural training or has had extensive building or building inspection experience.
- A person who operates a commercial business within the District.
(2) Members shall have a demonstrated interest, knowledge or expertise in historic preservation. At least two members should be preservation related professionals, to the extent they are available, such as the professions of architecture, architectural history, history, archaeology, landscape architecture, planning or related disciplines.
Planning & Zoning Commission
- hears application for land use, zoning classifications or districts and submits written recommendations for legislative action or to render final determinations for administrative action;
- initiates, reviews and recommends legislation, rules and regulations on all matters of municipal planning, land use, and zoning classification;
- exercises such other powers, duties and functions as provided by Council.
Descriptions of the duties of the various boards and commissions and any specific requirements for membership can be found here.
As required by Charter, all board and commission applicants must be residents of the City of Dublin and registered voters. Applicants must be available for an interview with City Council in the evening hours the week of December 10 in order to be considered.
Candidates selected as finalists will be asked to sign a criminal background check acknowledgement form, and the City will perform a criminal background check before any appointment is made.
The deadline for submission of an applications is Monday, December 17 at 5 p.m.
For additional information, contact the Clerk of Council office at 614.410.4436 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org