- We are not accepting 2020 Contractor Registration until after December 9th. At this time registration will no longer be done at the counter or by mail. All Contractor Registration will be done online through our website. Link will go Live December 9th.
- The price for 2020 Contractor Registration will increase to $70
- Registration will change to a rolling expiration date. This means it will no longer automatically expire on December 31, 2020. It will expire 1 year from the date of application.
- We have quite a few nominal fee increases in the new year. Please consult our website in the upcoming weeks for the new fee schedules.
- Beginning at Noon on December 9th all Commercial Projects, Permanent Signs and New Single Family homes will be required to submit electronically.
- Electric, Gas, HVAC, and Plumbing permits will be applied for electronically.
- All inspections will be required to schedule through our website (Link will go live December 9).
Dates of Upcoming Closures
- November 28: Office closed for Thanksgiving and no inspections will be performed.
- December 3rd at 4pm will be the last time you can submit any application until we Go Live with our new computer system on December 9th at noon. At that time, you will need to apply online.
- December 4: Our office will be closed until 9:30am for our Staff Employee Appreciation Breakfast. No inspections will be performed before 9:30am
- December 5: Our Front Office will be closed all day. Inspections will be done.
- December 6: Our Front Office will be closed for new computer system implementation. Inspections will be done.
- December 9: Our Front Office will be closed until Noon for new computer system implementation
- December 20: Our office will be closing at 1:30pm for our Staff Christmas Party. No inspections will be done after 1:30pm
- December 25: Office closed for Christmas and no inspections will be performed.
- January 1, 2020: Office closed for New Year’s Day and no inspections will be performed.
Beginning July 1, 2019. new residential building codes will be in effect. See the Frequently Asked Questions section for the new code versions and referenced standards.
The City of Dublin Building Standards is dedicated to ensuring public safety in the built environment through the adoption of both state and local construction codes and standards. Within the parameters of those codes, Building Standards issues permits to construct to approved plans and provides on-site inspections.
Our technical staff (inspectors, plans examiners and building official) maintains state required certifications that ensure that we provide a staff that is competent, responsive and customer service oriented. Building Standards provides services for both our residential and commercial customers.
Effective Immediately: Inspections will not be scheduled if contractor requirements are not up to date.