Last Modified: June 2018
2. When Does This Policy Apply?
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Through the Services.
- When you interact with our advertising on third-party websites and services.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from our Website.
3. Information We Collect about You and How We Collect It
We collect information relating to you in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you use the Services; or
- From third parties.
a. Information that You Provide to Us
When you access and use our Services, register with us, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, or any other information that is defined as personally-identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information”) or that is about you but individually does not identify you.
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide to us directly when using the Services. For example, when you submit a service request or contact us for information, you may provide us with your postal address, phone number, name, and email address. We may also collect information when you respond to surveys or report a problem with the Services.
- Any feedback or ratings that you submit about our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Services and of the fulfillment of your requests made using the Services.
- Your search queries on the Services.
b. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information including:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device or Computer Information. We may automatically collect information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including the computer or device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Location Information. The Services may collect real-time information about the location of your computer or device, as applicable, through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not use the Services. For more information, see Choices About How We Collect, Use, and Disclose Your Information.
The data collection technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Collect, Use, and Disclose Your Information.
c. Information Collected from Other Sources
We may receive information from third-parties and use it individually or combine that information with information we collect through the Services. For example:
- If your employer or other third-party purchases access to the Services for you as part of our business plan, then we may receive information about you from your employer or other person or entity who has purchased access to the Services on your behalf.
- If you submit an employment application for a City job through www.governmentjobs.com, then we may receive information about you from your employment application.
- We may receive information from data collection technologies employed by third parties.
4. Third-Party Information Collection
5. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the Services and associated content to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about promotions offered to users of our Services, including expiration and renewal notices, as well as receipts or other documentation related to the use of our Services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to the Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To notify you when an update to the Services is available.
- To evaluate your employment application.
- To improve our products and services.
- Provide future service and support.
- Communicate information about our products, services, news, and events that may be of interest to you.
- Respond to your requests.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
In addition, the usage information that we collect automatically helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Evaluate usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Services.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and business partners including to third-parties as a part of the Services.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business operations.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of City, its affiliates and business partners, and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of City, our customers, our business partners, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Choices about How We Collect, Use, and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow an application running on your device or computer to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device or computer’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
8. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
9. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
11. Contact Information
City of Dublin, Ohio, USA
Communications & Public Information
5200 Emerald Parkway
Dublin, OH 43017