Did you know the City of Dublin has a “No peddlers/solicitors” ordinance? The ordinance is managed and enforced through Dublin’s Code Enforcement office.
The City’s ordinance states:
- No person shall engage in the business or activity of peddler or solicitor or acting on behalf of a 501C charitable organization in the City of Dublin without first obtaining a license through the Code Enforcement Office.
- No person acting as a canvasser to disseminate a lawful message, (political or religious) and not soliciting funds or donations is required to register with the City of Dublin.
- No person or organization shall peddle, solicit or conduct market research in the City of Dublin prior to 9 a.m. or after 9 p.m. or on any Sunday or Holiday.
Companies such as roofing or cable providers seeking to solicit business for their products or services must obtain a license through the City’s Code Enforcement office.
Who may solicit without a license? Religious organizations and political campaigns that are providing information only and are not soliciting donations.
Door/window clings in green or clear are available for residents at City Hall. Call 614.410.4400 or stop by City Hall, 5200 Emerald Parkway.
The City of Dublin has a “no peddlers/solicitors” ordinance, which prohibits peddling or solicitation on behalf of a business or charitable organization without first obtaining a license through Code Enforcement.
Your permit must be displayed at all times while soliciting in the City of Dublin. The Dublin Police Department will be given a copy of each solicitor badge and the expiration date for each permit.
Obtaining a Permit to Solicit Door to Door
- Visit the receptionist window at the City of Dublin Development Building, 5800 Shier Rings Road, during regular business hours, Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Present driver license, passport or government-issued I.D. card or color copy
- Present background check. If company does a background check, that is acceptable if it has been completed within the last 12 months.
- Present completed application, which can be found here – https://dublinohiousa.gov/planning-forms/peddler-solicitor-permit.pdf
- Pay $100.00 by cash, check or credit card
Permits are valid for 30 days. Each person soliciting must have a badge. Hours for permitted solicitation are Monday through Saturday, excluding holidays, from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
All Solicitors Must Honor “No Peddlers or Solicitors Invited” Stickers
Use Common Sense
- Do not ring a doorbell of a house that has posted a sign that says, “sleeping baby.”
- Do not repeatedly ring a doorbell. There may be a young, sick or elderly person at home alone.
- Do not solicit after dark.
- Do not solicit to children.
- Know that “no” means “no.”
Your badge may be revoked if you are reported.
Approved solicitors are required to prominently display their City of Dublin Peddler/Solicitor Identification Badge.
If someone approaches your home and does not have the official Peddler/Solicitor Identification Badge, you may call the City of Dublin Police non-emergency number (614.889.1112) and report a non-approved solicitor in your neighborhood.
Questions or concerns? Call Greg Jones, Code Enforcement Supervisor, at 614.410.4647.