The new Council Chambers is being built as an addition to City Hall.
Click here to see the renderings presented at the October 21, 2019, Council meeting.
The design team is used the following principles, identified by the steering committee, to guide the design:
- The setting is exceptional as the new City Hall will be a focal point of other city buildings and park amenities within the civic campus
- The City Hall is the literal as well as symbolic core of Dublin’s government. With this philosophical understanding the building’s design respects both functional and abstract values
- Gallery and lobby areas provide art and historical displays as well as a gathering space
- The Council Chambers will be presented in a formal manner
- The interior design will bring together informal and formal spaces
- The exterior design respects the appearance of the existing building while demonstrating its unique civic purpose
- Continuity, human scale and strength are important expressed design aspects
- The notion of accessibilities, welcoming and transparency are also important design considerations
Public Affairs Officer
614.410.4504 – Desk
614.704.9742 – Cell
@DublinOhio | @DublinPolice | www.DublinOhioUSA.gov