MOTION CARRIED 7-0 TO APPROVE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:
- Approval of Regular Council Meeting Minutes of June 27, 2016
- Approval of Regular Council Meeting Minutes of July 5, 2016
- Notice to Legislative Authority – New D5J liquor permit – Harvest Dublin LLC, dba Harvest Dublin, 45 N. High Street, Dublin, OH 43017
- Notice to Legislative Authority – New D5J liquor permit – Vrable VI, Inc., dba Digger & Finch, 4500 John Shields Parkway, Dublin, OH 43017
- Notice to Legislative Authority – New D5J liquor permit – Dublin Arts Council, 7125 Riverside Drive, Dublin, OH 43016
- Ordinance 26-16 (Introduction/first reading)
Adopting the Five-Year Capital Improvements Plan (2017-2021). (CIP Workshop on Monday, August 15 at 6:30 p.m.; second reading/public hearing September 12 Council meeting)
- Ordinance 27-16 (Introduction/first reading)
Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Necessary Settlement and Conveyance Documents to Acquire a 0.206 Acre, More or Less, Fee Simple Interest; a 0.122 Acre, More or Less, Permanent Easement; a 0.099 Acre, More or Less, Permanent Easement; and a 0.101 Acre, More or Less, Temporary Easement from Pewamo, LTD., for the Property Located along State Route 161 for the Construction and Extension of Industrial Parkway for the Academic Drive Phase 1 Project. (Second reading/public hearing August 22 Council meeting)
- Ordinance 29-16 (Introduction/first reading)
Adopting and Enacting a Supplement (S-40) to the Code of Ordinances for the
City of Dublin, Ohio. (Second reading/public hearing August 22 Council meeting)
- Resolution 44-16 (Introduction/public hearing/vote)
Accepting the Lowest and Best Bid for the Muirfield Village Waterline Improvements – Phase 3 Project.
- Resolution 45-16 (Introduction/public hearing/vote)
Demonstrating the City of Dublin’s Cooperation with the Ohio Department of Transportation for a Major Rehabilitation Project that Consists of 7.95 Miles of Roadway and Bridge Rehabilitation on Mainline I-270, as well as the Construction of an Additional Lane in Each Direction. (PID Number 76469)
INTRODUCTION/FIRST READING – ORDINANCES
Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into a Pre-Annexation Agreement with Pulte Homes of Ohio, LLC Describing the Intentions of the Parties to Annex Certain Real Property Located in Jerome Township.
SECOND READING/PUBLIC HEARING AUGUST 22 COUNCIL MEETING
INTRODUCTION/PUBLIC HEARING/VOTE – RESOLUTIONS
Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into an Agreement with Washington Township for the Provision of Fire Inspection Services.
- Tree waiver request – Hawthorne Commons
MOTION TO GRANT WAIVER DENIED (VOTE OF TWO IN FAVOR AND FIVE OPPOSED TO GRANTING WAIVER)
CONSENSUS ITEMS/MOTIONS CARRIED
- Consensus of Council to have staff provide follow-up reports to Council regarding these items brought up at the meeting:
1. Tree preservation ordinance and policy review
2. Options to slow the traffic on Bridge Street (SR 161) (to make area more pedestrian friendly/safe)
3. Blue Zone initiative
4. Supply of housing in Dublin for long-time residents who are now empty nesters and who want to remain in Dublin – alternatives to address issue
(Work session scheduled on Monday, September 19 at 6 p.m. re Aging in Place Strategic Plan – this topic can be addressed as part of that work session)
- The Five-Year Capital Improvements Program (CIP) Workshop is scheduled on Monday, August 15 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers.
- The Community Development Committee will meet on Monday, August 22 at 5:30 p.m. in Council Chambers to review Beautify Your Neighborhood grant applications.
- The next Regular Meetings of City Council are on Monday, August 22 and Monday, September 12. The Monday, August 22 Council meeting will begin at 6 p.m. with an executive session, followed by the Regular Meeting at 7 p.m.