The Dublin 2035 Framework is the beginning of a meaningful movement of mindful consideration in the planning, navigating, and establishment of long-term future direction organized around four overarching themes: Infrastructure, Land Use, Economics and Quality of Life.
Dublin City Council identified this as one its Visionary Goals, and Council wants to hear from you. Public engagement opportunities include public meetings and a community survey are planned for 2021.
AT A GLANCE:
What is the Dublin 2035 Framework?
- The Dublin 2035 Framework is a visionary set of big ideas or unique actions (projects, policies, or programs) that will have transformative impact for the City over the next 15 years.
- These big ideas will guide city investments, policy decisions, and community collaboration to support the City of Dublin’s vision as: A global city of choice. Vibrant. Innovative. Engaged.
- The big ideas will establish a unified framework for achieving lasting, transformative impact that incorporates the unique perspectives of the City’s residents, businesses, and visitors.
Why develop a framework?
- The City of Dublin is thriving, having seen many transformative projects over the past several decades, including the vision and construction of the pedestrian bridge, realignment of Riverside Drive to provide open space along the Scioto River, and development and implementation of a city-wide mobility initiative.
- This progress has been possible due to the City’s efforts to align investment with overarching, forward-thinking ideas established by City Council.
- While these ideas guided the City’s progress, Council expressed a desire to push farther and develop a visionary framework that stretches the thinking about what is possible in the future.
- The Dublin 2035 Framework is that visionary guide, striving to inspire the City’s innovative spirit through establishing a set of transformative and aspirational ideas for 2035.
How does the framework relate to other city plans or policies?
- The Dublin 2035 Framework is the City’s overarching guide for investment and policy decisions over the next 15 years.
- The Framework will direct updates to city policies, work programs, and long-term plans to support the realization of the framework ideas through specific projects, policies, and programs.
- Opportunities to address community challenges and explore emerging trends are encouraged within the framework with the realization of these opportunities and challenges occurring through city plans and policies.