Pursuant to Chapter 36 of the Dublin Codified Ordinances and the City Manager’s Declaration of a State of Emergency issued on March 17, 2020, the enforcement of certain provisions of Chapter 153 regarding the City’s Portable Structures and Temporary Uses are temporarily amended as below:
Section 153.097(B)(3) – Portable Nonresidential Structures. A business may temporarily erect a building(s) or similar structure(s) designed for occupation which is not placed on a permanent foundation to allow for testing, waiting or staging related to COVID-19. The definition shall include construction trailers, portable classrooms, tents, trailers and other similar structures.
Section 153.097(C) – Permit process. A Certificate of Zoning Plan Approval shall be required to permit these designated portable structures and temporary uses. The following information will be required to be submitted with the CZPA form at no charge:
- Detailed, dimensioned site plan showing location on the site with consideration of the required setbacks and ensuring safe access and be served by adequate parking;
- Sensitively located to show adherence to the standards of the community and minimizing impact on nearby residential uses to the maximum extent possible:
- Detailed and dimensioned elevations or design specifications of the proposed temporary structure;
- Detailed in a narrative noting the specific use proposed and the scope of the intended use, particularly highlighting the required need as a result of COVID-19;
- Signed acknowledgment that the time period of validity is limited to the City’s designation of a State of Emergency, or any other time limitation otherwise mandated by the City Manager.
The intent of this Order is to support and promote healthy practices during this difficult economic time. These temporary amendments will immediately cease upon termination of the State of Emergency or as otherwise mandated by the City Manager and the portable structures and temporary uses will be required to be removed and the site restored.