A new set of sculptures depicting children at play is being permanently installed on top of boulders at Barronsmore Mound in the Ballantrae neighborhood. Mike Tizzano, the same artist behind the Daily Chores sculpture at BriHi created the sculptures.
- Starting date: January 11, 2016
- Date of completion: December 14, 2016
- Total hours to sculpt using lath and resin for:
- Jacob: 126.25
- Mallory: 112.5
- Kane: 97.25 hours
- 336 total hours of sculpting
- Total amount of resin used for:
- Jacob: 59.5 lbs.
- Mallory: 51.75 lbs.
- Kane: 41.8 lbs.
- 05 lbs. total resin used
- Each sculpture weighs approximately 80 lbs
The sculptures will be on display at City Hall through March 27. The Ballantrae Community Association, which commissioned the artwork, will host a dedication ceremony Saturday, April 1, 2 pm at Barronsmore Mound.