(Dublin, OH) Dublin City Council approved $185,442 in hotel/motel tax grants for 2021 at its meeting on December 7, 2020. Some of the grant amounts approved were lower than the amount requested. The Finance Committee will reevaluate these requests quarterly in 2021 and may approve additional funds depending on the impact of COVID-19, which remains uncertain.
The City of Dublin Hotel/Motel Tax Fund was established to improve the quality of life for residents, corporate citizens and visitors. Home to 17 hotels/motels, Dublin generates funds from a six-percent tax on overnight stays. These funds are invested back into the community through designated projects and events that enhance visitor appeal and encourage overnight stays.
The City welcomes grant requests from federally recognized, tax-exempt, not-for-profit organizations (i.e. 501(c) (3)). Grants are made in the areas of beautification of public property; improvement of Dublin’s historic district; projects/events that appeal to Dublin visitors/tourists; special events; cultural arts; and other projects that enhance the Dublin community.
The full list of 2021 grant recipients is as follows:
- Arthritis Foundation Classic Auto Show and Cruise-In – $10,000
- Club Ohio Soccer Club Ohio Nike Challenge Cup – $5,000
- Crawford Hoying Foundation Dublin Market – $15,000
- Crawford Hoying Foundation ForeFest – $22,000
- Crohns and Colitis Foundation Take Steps Walk – $1,000
- Dublin AM Rotary and HDBA Classic Car Show – $2,000
- Dublin Arts Council Art & Wellness: ARTifacts Created at Home – $16,000
- Dublin Historical Society Wireless Listening System – $4,167
- DJHS Senior Class DJHS Homecoming Parade – $1,675
- Dublin Music Boosters Dublin Band Showcase – $1,100
- Dublin Scioto Lacrosse Boosters Ohio Middle School Lacrosse Tournament – $3,000
- Dublin Soccer League Dublin Charity Cup – $9,000
- Dublin United Soccer Cup Dublin United Champions Cup – $5,000
- Dublin Youth Athletics Wayne Williams Memorial Tournament – $20,000
- HDBA Events – $38,000
- Ohio Premier Soccer Club Ohio Premier Invitational – $7,500
- World Archery of Ohio Buckeye Classic – $25,000
For more information, visit dublinohiousa.gov/finance.
Lindsay Weisenauer, Public Affairs Officer
614.410.4504 – Desk
614.704.9742 – Cell