Dublin (OH) — Dublin City Council elected Chris Amorose Groomes to serve as mayor and Cathy De Rosa to serve as vice mayor at its organizational meeting Monday, January 6, 2020. They will serve a two-year term.
At Large Council Members Sworn In
At Large Council members were also sworn in at tonight’s meeting. They will serve a four-year term ending December 31, 2023.
- Christina Alluto (re-elected second term)
- Chris Amorose Groomes (re-elected second term)
- Andy Keeler (newly-elected, replaces retiring Council member Michael Keenan)
Standing Committee Appointments
City Council standing committee appointments also were approved:
- Administrative – Chair Cathy De Rosa, Jane Fox, Christina Alluto
- Community Development – Chair John Reiner, Chris Amorose Groomes, Andy Keeler
- Finance – Chair Christina Alutto, Greg Peterson, Andy Keeler
- Public Services – Chair Jane Fox, Cathy De Rosa, John Reiner
Community Organization Representatives
City Council community representatives are:
- Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission – Chris Amorose Groomes
- Central Ohio Transit Authority Board of Trustees – Cathy De Rosa
- Logan/Union/Champaign Regional Planning Commission – Andy Keeler
- Dublin Arts Council – John Reiner
- Dublin Board of Education liaison – Greg Peterson
- Washington Township liaison – Jane Fox
- Planning and Zoning Commission – Jane Fox
- Northwest 33 Innovation Corridor – Jane Fox, Cathy De Rosa
- Dublin Friendship Association – Christina Alutto, Andy Keeler
- Dublin Bridges – Jane Fox
- Veterans Committee – John Reiner
Dublin City Council Summary
The Council is comprised of seven members – three elected at large and four elected from each of the four wards of Dublin. All Council members serve a term of four years.
Council members serving Dublin’s Wards with terms expiring 2021:
Ward 1 – Greg Peterson
Ward 2 – Jane Fox
Ward 3 – Cathy De Rosa
Ward 4 – John Reiner
Council-Manager Form of Government
The City of Dublin’s Council-Manager form of government combines the strong political leadership of elected officials with the strong managerial experience of an appointed manager.
As Dublin’s governing body, City Council adopts policies and passes legislation, establishes City goals and oversees and approves the annual budget. At the first regular City Council meeting in even-numbered years, Council chooses one of its members as the Mayor and one of its members as the Vice Mayor, each for a two-year term. The Mayor presides at all council meetings and performs ceremonial duties and functions. The Vice Mayor performs duties in the Mayor’s absence.
The City Manager carries out day-to-day administrative operations and has broad authority to manage the organization. Dana McDaniel has served as Dublin’s City Manager since January 2015.
City of Dublin Director of Communications & Public Information
614.410.4508 – office
614.226-5382 – mobile
Photos from Monday, January 6, 2020