The daylong celebration begins at 8 a.m. with the 35th Annual Sherm Sheldon Fishing Derby, at the pond in front of the Dublin Community Recreation Center (5600 Post Rd). A traditional parade will follow at 11 a.m. in Downtown Dublin. The day will conclude with evening performances by some of the best hometown musicians of Central Ohio at Dublin Coffman High School along with a spectacular fireworks show presented by EASE Logistics beginning at 9:50 p.m.
“We are excited to bring the community back together to celebrate our nation’s freedom,” said City of Dublin Events Director Alison LeRoy.
The events are all family friendly, however, there will be no candy distributed at the parade and there will be no kids’ zone available at the stadium.
Here is a look at the schedule of events on Saturday, July 3.
Sherm Sheldon Fishing Derby
Location: Dublin Community Recreation Center, 5600 Post Rd
Independence Day Parade
Location: Downtown Dublin
Evening Celebration & Fireworks*
Location: Dublin Coffman High School
4 p.m. Gates Open
4:15 p.m. Divas
5:45 p.m. Fabulous Johnson Brothers
7:15 p.m. 90’s Kids
8:45 p.m. Mojoflo
9:50 p.m. Fireworks
*Times subject to change
The Independence Day Celebration will highlight a variety of Central Ohio musicians. It’s a lineup that you don’t want to miss!
Divas! is a high energy, non-stop celebration of music’s most iconic women! The Divas will guide audiences through decades of unforgettable music in a performance that will leave your heart dancing and your toes tapping!
Fabulous Johnson Brothers, a six-piece, soul-rock-pop band, has an energetic rock ‘n’ roll twist. Guests will witness influences from Prince and Michael Jackson to The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bruno Mars.
90’s Kids, is “pop music for people who do not like pop music,” combining elements from pop, alternative and rock to create something fresh and exciting for modern and nostalgic tastes alike.
MojoFlo, a neo funk group known for their captivating stage performance will be the final act. This band’s energetic live performances blend funk, soul and reggae. Amber Knicole, MojoFlo’s vivacious singer, is known for her jazzy, gospel-influenced vocal prowess.
- Tickets are not required for the Sherm Sheldon Fishing Derby or the Independence Day Celebration Parade. Tickets are required for the evening celebration and fireworks viewing at Dublin Coffman High School.
- Tickets and reserved tables will go on sale on June 7 online at 9 a.m.
- Reserved tables of 8 will be available for $100 for Dublin Residents only. Tickets are required for children 4 and older for tables.
- Table purchasers will be able to select table location at time of purchase. Limit 1 table per household.
- Remaining tables will be available to Dublin City School District residents the general public starting June 25, 2021.
- Single admission tickets will be on sale for $5 each for Dublin residents and Dublin City School residents.
- Remaining single admission tickets will be available to the general public on July 3 for $10 each.
- Tickets and tables will be limited and must be purchased in advance online.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought in to the stadium.
- Coolers and bags will be checked by security personnel upon entry.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be sold at the event.
Items and activities not permitted inside of the stadium include drones, alcohol, fireworks of any kind including sparklers and candles, glitter and confetti, pets, smoking, gum chewing, tarps, tents, beach umbrellas, and the solicitation or distribution of promotional items.
Public Information Officer
614.230.4683 – Cell
614.410.4523 – Desk