(Dublin, OH) — The Downtown Dublin Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area, or DORA, will premiere Thursday, May 20. DORA hours will be Thursdays through Saturdays from 5 to 10 p.m. in Historic Dublin and Bridge Park.
A Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area allows patrons ages 21 and older to purchase an alcoholic beverage from an approved, liquor-permitted establishment, then sip, stroll, shop and explore within the designated boundaries.
Dublin City Council approved two pilot DORAs for Downtown Dublin, one in Historic Dublin and one in Bridge Park. The Dublin Link pedestrian bridge is not included in the DORA limits. Maps for the DORA boundaries are available at DublinOhioUSA.gov/DORA.
City Council will review feedback in late August and determine next steps for the Dublin DORA pilot.
In July 2020, the City of Dublin developed a survey to gauge resident sentiment on Dublin creating a DORA. The survey received more than 4,000 responses with 85% of respondents saying they supported the creation of a DORA. Of the remaining 15%, 9% stated that they did not support the creation of a DORA, 4% were neutral and 2% had not yet formed their opinion.
In order to create a fun and enjoyable experience for all DORA visitors, patrons should follow the following guidelines:
- No exploring outside the DORA boundaries with your beverage.
- Alcohol is not permitted on The Dublin Link pedestrian bridge.
- Beverages cannot be taken from one DORA to the other (from the Historic Dublin DORA to Bridge Street District DORA or vice versa).
- Throw cups away before entering the next liquor establishment.
- No BYOB. All beverages must be purchased at a participating establishment.
- Patrons must be in the 21 or older club to participate.
Dublin Police will have a presence in the area to promote a safe environment for all.
More than 20 restaurants and bars in Downtown Dublin have agreed to participate in the DORA. Visiting patrons can explore the digital map or look for special window clings that signify if a business sells alcohol and welcomes or does not welcome DORA beverages on their premises.
The Downtown Dublin DORA days and hours may be extended for special events with approval from City Council.
The City of Dublin invites Central Ohio residents, families and visitors to explore Dublin’s DORA for their next evening out or date night. With taverns, ice cream shops and boutiques all within walking distance, it’s easy to sip, stroll and stay awhile.
More information about the Downtown Dublin DORA can be found at DublinOhioUSA.gov/dora and DublinOhioUSA.gov/dora-businesses. Follow the City of Dublin on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Nextdoor for updates.
Public Affairs Officer
614.410.4504 – Desk
614.704.9742 – Cell