Dublin City Council elected Jane Fox to serve as mayor and Cathy De Rosa to serve as vice mayor at its organizational meeting Monday, Jan. 10, 2022. They will serve a two-year term.
Council Members Sworn In
Council members were also sworn in at tonight’s meeting. They will serve a four-year term ending Dec. 31, 2025.
- Amy Kramb, Ward 1 (elected to first term)
- Jane Fox, Ward 2 (re-elected to second term)
- John Reiner, Ward 3 (re-elected to seventh term)
- Cathy De Rosa, Ward 4 (re-elected to second term)
Standing Committee Appointments
- City Council standing committee appointments also were approved:
- Administrative – Cathy De Rosa, Christina Alutto and Amy Kramb
- Community Development – John Reiner, Andy Keeler and Chris Amorose Groomes
- Finance – Christina Alutto, Andy Keeler and Chris Amorose Groomes
- Public Services – Amy Kramb, John Reiner and Cathy De Rosa
Community Organization Representatives
- City Council community representatives are:
- Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission – Chris Amorose Groomes
- Logan/Union/Champaign Regional Planning Commission – Andy Keeler
- Dublin Arts Council – John Reiner
- Dublin Board of Education liaison – Christina Alutto and Jane Fox
- Washington Township liaison – Amy Kramb
- Planning and Zoning Commission liaison – Chris Amorose Groomes
- US 33 Corridor Representatives – Cathy De Rosa and Andy Keeler
- Dublin Bridges – Cathy De Rosa
- Veterans Committee – John Reiner
Dublin City Council Summary
The Council is comprised of seven members – three elected at large and four elected from each of the four wards of Dublin. All Council members serve a term of four years.
At Large Council members serving Dublin’s Wards with terms expiring 2023:
Chris Amorose Groomes
Council-Manager Form of Government
The City of Dublin’s Council-Manager form of government combines the strong political leadership of elected officials with the strong managerial experience of an appointed manager.
As Dublin’s governing body, City Council adopts policies and passes legislation, establishes City goals and oversees and approves the annual budget. At the first regular City Council meeting in even-numbered years, Council chooses one of its members as the Mayor and one of its members as the Vice Mayor, each for a two-year term. The Mayor presides at all council meetings and performs ceremonial duties and functions. The Vice Mayor performs duties in the Mayor’s absence.
The City Manager carries out day-to-day administrative operations and has broad authority to manage the organization. Dana McDaniel has served as Dublin’s City Manager since January 2015.
Public Affairs Officer
614.410.4508 – office
614.578.1302 – mobile