Dublin City Council approved plans presented by staff to open the Dublin Community Pool South for the season beginning Friday, June 26. Dublin residents must pre-register online for their swim time up to 48 hours in advance. Sign-up will begin Wednesday, June 24. Residents cannot sign up for more than one swim time block per day.
Director of Parks and Recreation Matt Earman thanked staff for working diligently on preparing the pools to open while still maintaining physical distance and safety guidelines. He also thanked the community for their patience.
There will be three-hour time blocks for reservations between 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. with one-hour periods in between for cleaning and sanitizing. The time blocks are 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., 2 to 5 p.m., and 6 to 8 p.m. There will be access for area swim teams from 6 to 9 a.m.
Earman also announced a partnership with the Club at Corazon in which non-member residents will be able to swim for the same cost as South Pool members ($8 for adults and $7 for children) per time slot.
Earman noted the protocols necessary to abide by State Order and prevent the community spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The pool will have a maximum capacity of 115 guest per swim block. The pool is only open to City of Dublin residents, and children ages 15 or younger must be accompanied by an adult or guardian who is 16 or older. This year, no season passes are available.
- Visitors may arrive 15 minutes before their designated swim time. Upon arrival, guests will have their temperature taken.
- Wearing face masks is strongly encouraged when entering and exiting the pool or when speaking with lifeguards or pool staff.
- Visitors should follow physical distancing guidelines and remain in designated sitting areas on the pool deck when not swimming.
- Extra hand sanitizing stations have been installed.
- Please arrive at the pool ready to swim. Showers, changing areas and water fountains will not be open.
- Guests will also need to bring their own lounge chairs and are permitted one to two small pool toys.
- Guests should maintain 6 feet of distance within the pool to other swimmers. For lap swimming, one swimmer per lane is permitted. Lifeguards will be focused on in-water safety while staff on the pool deck will be focused on ensuring physical distancing is maintained.
- Limited pre-packaged snacks are available for purchase at the concession stand
- To ensure the health and safety of visitors and staff, the pool will close between swim time blocks for one hour for cleaning and sanitizing. The pool’s regular 15-minute safety breaks every hour will still be observed.
Visit the City of Dublin’s Advance Sign-Up page to pre-register starting the morning of June 24:
Questions about registering for a swim time, call 614.410.4550 from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Public Information Officer