Dec. 31, 2020 update: Franklin County Public Health has extended its stay-at-home advisory through Jan. 23, 2021. Due to this extension, the Dublin Community Recreation Center will continue to operate with the following modifications in place to support this advisory.
In addition to some DCRC facilities remaining closed, registration for winter/spring programs and classes will be moved from Jan. 4 to the updated winter registration schedule.
The Central Ohio community is experiencing a rapid increase in COVID-19 cases. In response to this rapid increase, Columbus Public Health and Franklin County Public Health partnered to issue a stay-at-home advisory. This advisory recommends that residents should only leave home to go to work or school, or for essential needs such as medical appointments and groceries.
Since reopening the Dublin Community Recreation Center (DCRC) this summer, we have learned that we can operate safely and reduce the spread of COVID-19 through our rigorous operational plans and sanitization procedures, which have continuously been in place since reopening. We have also learned how important some of our services are to our residents for their health or to combat social isolation.
This recent surge in cases and record high positivity percentages have prompted us to evaluate all we are doing and how we might support Franklin County Public Health in its stay-at-home advisory, while maintaining some essential services. Public health, wellness and safety are at the heart of everything we do at the DCRC and these tough decisions are a delicate balance between keeping people safe and supporting physical and mental health.
We have focused our analysis on the following:
- Support of the stay-at-home advisory and Franklin County Public Health Department’s guidance
- Reduce gatherings to the best extent possible, shifting focus to individual, physically distanced activities
- Maintain physically distanced programs that help combat senior isolation or provide childcare support to parents
With all of those variables in mind, the DCRC’s programs and facilities will operate as outlined below. Some closures are noted in the list below and the effective changes begin on Monday, Nov. 30.
- The Dublin Community Recreation Center will remain open for individual exercise opportunities with advanced reservations required, which has been the case since the DCRC reopened this summer. This includes reservations for the fitness floor, track, lap pool and leisure pool.
- DCST & high school swim team rentals will be permitted to continue practice under all previously established COVID-19 procedures. High school teams must also abide by all operating requirements given to them by their athletic directors and school superintendent.
- The Wee Folk Room and the Gym will be closed from Nov. 30, 2020 through Jan. 23, 2021 to discourage gathering.
- In-person land and water group fitness classes will be canceled through Jan. 23, 2021 to discourage gathering. All monthly-unlimited group fitness passes will be extended for the duration of the closure. Virtual group fitness classes will continue. Some of our in-person class instructors may be pivoting to virtual classes, so consult our virtual program offerings page for new updates. Sign up for our December Virtual Group Fitness All Access Pass to enjoy classes in the comfort of your own home.
- Daily passes will not be available for purchase and all facility rentals, including private pool parties will be canceled through Jan. 23, 2021. Facility rentals and program registrations affected by the closure will be refunded.
- Many in-person programs will be canceled through Jan. 23, 2021 to discourage gathering. Some programs will be shifting to a virtual format. Registration for winter/spring programs and classes will be moved from Jan. 4 to the updated winter registration schedule.
As we have done throughout this pandemic, we will continue to monitor all of our public health channels. As we know, plans are fluid and ever changing and we ask for your patience and grace as we continue to operate in this ever-changing environment.
Service Area Operational Chart:
|Service Area||Status||Additional Information|
|DCRC Building Public Access||OPEN|
|Fitness Floor/Track||OPEN||With Reservation|
|Lap Pool||OPEN||With Reservation|
|Leisure Pool||OPEN||With Reservation|
|DCST & High School Swim Team Practice||OPEN||All COVID-19 protocols must be followed.|
|Gym||CLOSED||All leagues and group play (e.g. volleyball, pickleball, badminton) encourages gathering.|
|Wee Folk||CLOSED||Decreased need to be open due to Group Fitness classes being canceled.|
|In-person Programs||CLOSED||Closed unless a program can pivot to a virtual setting. Participants will be contacted with any changes.|
|In-person Land and Water Group Fitness||CLOSED||In-person land and water classes encourage gathering.|
|Day Pass Sales||CLOSED||Prioritize available reservations to members.|
|Private Pool Parties||CLOSED||Private pool parties encourage gathering.|
|Rentals||CLOSED||Event space rentals encourage gathering.|