(Dublin, OH) Dublin Police are investigating an increase in theft from motor vehicles from both unlocked and locked vehicles.
Dublin Police would like to remind residents, corporate citizens and visitors to the City of Dublin to prevent thefts from vehicles in the following ways:
- Remove or hide valuables from plain sight
- Lock all doors
- Park in a well-lit area
- Call the Dublin Police Department immediately if you witness a crime or something suspicious.
“Whether you are parked in a lot all day for work, heading into the store for a few minutes or in the comfort of your own neighborhood, don’t make it easy for thieves to break in,” said Interim Police Chief Justin Paez. “It takes seconds for a thief to break into your vehicle, grab valuables in sight and get away.”
If you see a car break-in in progress, call 911. Provide the dispatcher with as much information as possible, such as:
- Location – Provide an address, block number, or specific location in a parking lot.
- Description of the suspect – Provide as much information as you can, e.g. sex, race, age, height, weight, hair color and length, color and length of facial hair, color and style of clothing and or piercings.
- Direction – If the suspect flees, give the direction of travel.
Dublin is a safe city and police are asking to make it even safer by helping them prevent crimes of opportunity. Be smart. Stay safe.
Public Information Officer
614.410.4501 – Desk
614.318.3009 – Cell