Starting Monday, Feb. 1, the Dublin Community Recreation Center’s (DCRC) gymnasium is reopening for the following activities. Visit the DCRC’s Online Registration website for the latest updates as additional offerings become available.
- Community Open Gym: No full- or half-court games permitted. Patrons may shoot around during their 1 hour and 45-minute interval or use the gymnasium for agility or individual workouts. Patrons must be physically distanced at all times and provide their own equipment.
- Pickleball: No more than four individuals on each court at one time. Participant(s) must bring their own pickleball paddles and balls; DCRC will provide pickleball nets.
- Adult Open Volleyball: No more than 12 participants (6 per side) on the court at one time. Participants must bring their own volleyballs; DCRC will provide the volleyball net.
The DCRC will be operating under its normal operating hours utilizing the same reservation-based system that is in place for the Fitness/Track, Lap Pool and Leisure Pool. This system allows the Recreation Center to manage capacity numbers and close for 15 minutes in between groups to clean and sanitize the facility.
In order to adhere to physical distancing guidelines, set forth by state and local officials as well as CDC recommendations, the DCRC will be limiting its capacity based on the activity in the gymnasium. The 1 hour and 45-minute time slots appear under “Advance Sign-up” on the DCRC’s Online Registration website.
If you have any trouble accessing your account, staff are available to assist from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays–Fridays or from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays by calling 614.410.4550 or emailing email@example.com. DCRC team members are ready to help walk you through the sign-up process should you need assistance.
Locker rooms remain open for changing and limited locker use only. Showers remain unavailable at this time.
Additional operational modifications for the Gymnasium include:
- Limited to ages 10 & up. Members/Guests ages 9 & under must be accompanied by an adult/guardian.
- Gymnasium users must bring their own equipment. *FCPH regulation
- Sign up online for pre-determined 1 hour and 45-minute window of time (to control capacity and for contact tracing)
- 15-minute closures in between for cleaning and disinfecting
- Entry into Dublin Community Recreation Center will be controlled and safety precautions will be enforced including:
- Temperature screenings
- Physical distancing
- Face coverings
- Good hand hygiene
The following amenities remain closed at this time:
- Hot tub/Spa
- Locker room showers
- Teen Lounge
- Senior Lounge
The City of Dublin and the Dublin Community Recreation Center are committed to continuing to improve your quality of life by providing a clean and safe environment. Each of us will play an important role in following our new protocols to keep our doors open for everyone’s enjoyment. We thank you in advance for your patience as we make adjustments and continue to monitor and assess our ever-changing situation related to COVID-19.
We look forward to seeing you at the Dublin Community Recreation Center soon!