The Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio (SWACO) partnered with the City of Dublin to hold a household hazardous waste disposal event on May 7, 2022.
SWACO does offer a year-round hazardous waste removal drop-off center if you missed this event. Visit 645 E. 8th Ave. Columbus, OH 43201 Wednesday–Friday during these times: Wednesday (12-6 p.m.), Thursday (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Friday (12-6 p.m.). The center is closed Saturday through Tuesday. If you have any questions, please feel free to call 614.294.1300. Visit SWACO’s website for more information.
- Oil Based Paint
- Motor Oil
- Old Gasoline
- Gasoline mixed with oil
- Spray Paint
- Lighter Fluid
- Propane cylinders & tanks
- Oxygen tanks
- Pool Chemicals
- Acids & Caustics
- Bleach & Household Cleaners
- Paint Strippers
- All Fluorescent Light Bulbs including Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs (CFL’s) and Ballasts.
- Lawn Chemicals & Fertilizers
- Fire Extinguishers
- Rat Poison
- Batteries of all types including household, vehicle, computer, and others.
- Smoke detectors
- Thermostats containing mercury
- Helium tanks
Fats, Oils and Greases:
- Items will be accepted if delivered in a tightly sealed container.
- Needles, Pharmaceuticals, & Medical Waste
- E-waste will not be accepted. E-waste may be dropped off at the Dublin Service Center during regular business hours.
Latex and Water-based paint can be disposed of by using the following methods:
*Disposal of oil based paint is available at no charge. EEI provides disposal of water based paint to all Franklin County residents at the cost of $1 per any size can.
Latex and water-based paints are water soluble and are not considered hazardous. Paint hardeners, cat litter or sawdust may be added to left over latex paint in order to solidify the unused product. The lid may also be left off to speed up the drying process. Once dried it may be disposed of with your regular trash.
To find more information, click here.