Combat Veteran to Preside Over City of Dublin’s Independence Day Celebration
- Master Sergeant Sean Clifton, a retired Green Beret of more than 22 years in the military, has been selected by a group of peers as Grand Marshal of the 2018 City of Dublin Independence Day Celebration.
- MSG Clifton spent 15 years in the Army Special Forces until he medically retired in 2016 from Special Operations Command as an Intelligence Sergeant. He currently works as a Special Operations Training Consultant, as well as supports several Veteran non-profit organizations.
- Additionally, MSG Clifton coaches an Adaptive Athlete program for Wounded Veterans at a local CrossFit affiliate in Dublin.
- A Combat Veteran, MSG Clifton executed multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan until he was critically wounded in 2009 while conducting a raid on a Taliban Compound.
- His awards and accolades include: The Bronze Star Medal (Valor), Purple Heart Medal, Army Commendation Medal (Valor), Army Achievement Medal, to name a few.
- MSG Clifton earned a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master of Science Degree in Criminal Justice from Tiffin University. He also spent five years as an Analyst with the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force.
- Sean and his wife Sarah, have been married for more than 14 years and live in Dublin with their three sons.
- The Grand Marshal honor is bestowed annually upon an individual or couple who has made a significant contribution to the City of Dublin through volunteer/professional efforts and who has demonstrated patriotism through the development of community and/or community values. Sean was selected by a committee consisting of past Grand Marshals, Mayor Greg Peterson and City Manager Dana McDaniel.
- All guests four and older will need a Stadium wristband or Reserved Table Wristband to enter Dublin Coffman High School Stadium.
- To access the Kids Zone, wristbands are not required. However once inside, all inflatables will require a $5 Kids Zone Wristband.
- Dublin residents and Dublin School District residents will be able to purchase Stadium wristbands guaranteeing access to the event for $5 beginning Monday, June 18 at 8 a.m. at the Dublin Community Recreation Center (DCRC) during normal operating hours, while supplies last. Wristbands will be limited to eight per household. Proof of residency is required.
- Unsold Stadium wristbands will be free to the general public and available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 4 at Dublin Coffman High School Stadium.
- The 2018 Independence Day Celebration theme is “Soak up the Fun on the Fourth”.
- The 32nd Annual Sherm Sheldon Fishing Derby kicks off the daylong celebration at 8 a.m., followed by the annual parade at 11 a.m. The Celebration at the stadium begins at 4:30 p.m., followed by an impressive display of fireworks and the Grand Finale at 9:50 p.m.
- For questions, contact City of Dublin Events Administration at 614-410-4545 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a Volunteer! The Independence Day Celebration wouldn’t be possible without a team of dedicated volunteers.
- Apply for Media Credentials to the 2018 Independence Day Celebration today!
Premier Allergy, Dublin Methodist Hospital, Renewal by Andersen, Tim Hortons, This Week Newspapers, Sunny 95, and Pepsi
- Become a fan of the City of Dublin on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news and giveaways!
- Join the conversation by following the City of Dublin on Twitter @dublinohio
- Follow the City of Dublin on Instagram at @dublinohio and share your favorite photos of the event.
Mary Jo DiSalvo