- Michael McDonald + Chaka Khan will headline the City of Dublin Independence Day Celebration on Thursday, July 4 at Dublin Coffman High School Stadium.
- Michael McDonald, a 5-time GRAMMY® award-winner, is an American singer, songwriter, keyboardist, and record producer. His career included singing with Steely Dan and later the Doobie Brothers. Top ’40 singles include “Takin’ It To The Streets,” “Minute By Minute,” “Sweet Freedom,” “What A Fool Believes,” and “It Keeps You Running”. He released nine solo albums and collaborated with a number of artists.
- Chaka Khan, a 10-time GRAMMY® award-winner, sings in seven music genres. She has released 22 albums and has 10, #1 Billboard magazine charted songs, seven Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) certified gold singles and 10 RIAA certified gold and platinum albums. Chaka’s first hit with Rufus was “Tell Me Something Good.” Chaka’s solo debut resulted in the smash hit, “I’m Every Woman,” followed by “I Feel For You,” “Higher Love,” and “Addicted To You.”
- City of Dublin Independence Day Celebration Table Sales will be held on Saturday, May 11 at 8:30 a.m. at the Dublin Community Recreation Center (DCRC).
- Dublin residents may purchase one, Reserved Table of 10 for $150 (no additional chairs permitted).
- Children four and older will require a Reserved Table wristband.
- Proof of residency is required (ex. driver’s license, utility bill, etc.). Not sure if you are a Dublin resident?
Visit our address checker to verify residency before our Table Sales event. Only addresses highlighted in green are eligible to purchase a table.
- Table purchasers will not need a Stadium wristband, only a Reserved Table wristband.
- If tables remain unsold after the Saturday, May 11 sale, they may be purchased by residents at the DCRC starting on Monday, May 13 at 10 a.m.
- Remaining unsold tables will go on sale to Dublin School District residents and the general public on Monday, June 10.
- All guests four and older will need a Stadium wristband or Reserved Table wristband to enter Dublin Coffman High School Stadium.
- A wristband is not required to access the Kids Zone, however once inside, all inflatable activities will require a
$5 Kids Zone Wristband.
- Dublin residents and Dublin School District residents will be able to purchase Stadium wristbands guaranteeing access to the event for $3 beginning Monday, June 17 at 10 a.m. at the (DCRC) during normal operating hours. Wristbands will be limited to eight per household. Proof of residency is required.
- Unsold Stadium wristbands will be available to the general public on a first-come, first-served basis for $5 eachbeginning at 10 a.m. on Thursday, July 4 at Dublin Coffman High School Stadium.
- The 2019 Independence Day Celebration theme is “Shine Sweet Freedom on the Fourth”.
- Do you know someone who loves their country and community and shows it year round? Nominate an individual or a couple who makes Dublin a better place as the 2019 Independence Day Grand Marshal. Deadline is April 26.
- The 33rd Annual Sherm Sheldon Fishing Derby kicks off the daylong celebration at 8 a.m., followed by the annual parade at 11 a.m. The Celebration at the stadium begins at 4:30 p.m., followed by fireworks and the grand finale at 9:50 p.m.
- For questions, contact City of Dublin Division of Community Events at 614.410.4545 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a Sponsor or Patriotic Table Partner! Contact Mary Jo DiSalvo at email@example.com to learn more.
- Become a Volunteer! The Independence Day Celebration wouldn’t be possible without a team of volunteers.
- Member of the media? Apply for Media Credentials to the 2019 Independence Day Celebration today.
- Join the conversation by following the City of Dublin on Twitter, @dublinohio.
- Become a fan of the City of Dublin on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news and giveaways.
- Follow the City of Dublin on Instagram, @dublinohio and share your favorite photos of the event.
Mary Jo DiSalvo