Dublin (OH) — Dublin City Council named Greg Peterson to serve as mayor and Chris Amorose Groomes to serve as vice mayor at its organizational meeting Tuesday, January 9, 2018. They will serve two year terms.
Ward Council Members Sworn In
Council members representing Dublin’s four wards also were sworn in at tonight’s meeting. They will serve a four-year term ending December 31, 2021.
- Greg Peterson – Ward 1
- Jane Fox – Ward 2
- John Reiner – Ward 3
- Cathy De Rosa – Ward 4
Standing Committee Appointments
City Council standing committee appointments also were approved:
- Administrative – Chair Chris Amorose Groomes, Mike Keenan, Jane Fox
- Community Development – Chair John Reiner, Chris Amorose Groomes, Cathy De Rosa
- Finance – Chair Mike Keenan, Cathy De Rosa, Christina Alutto
- Public Services – Chair Christina Alutto, Jane Fox, John Reiner
Community Organization Representatives
City Council community representatives are:
- Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission – Chris Amorose Groomes
- Logan/Union/Champaign Regional Planning Commission – Cathy De Rosa
- Dublin Arts Council – John Reiner
- Dublin Board of Education liaison – Christina Alutto
- Washington Township liaison – Greg Peterson
- Planning and Zoning Commission – Jane Fox
- Northwest 33 Innovation Corridor – Jane Fox, Cathy De Rosa
- Dublin Friendship Association – Christina Alutto, John Reiner
Dublin City Council Summary
The Council is comprised of seven members – three elected at large and four elected from each of the four wards of Dublin. All Council members serve a term of four years.
At-large Council members’ terms end December 31, 2019. They are:
- Christina A. Alutto
- Chris Amorose Groomes
- Michael Keenan
Council-Manager Form of Government
The City of Dublin’s Council-Manager form of government combines the strong political leadership of elected officials with the strong managerial experience of an appointed manager.
As Dublin’s governing body, City Council adopts policies and passes legislation, establishes City goals and oversees and approves the annual budget. At the first regular City Council meeting in even-numbered years, Council chooses one of its members as the Mayor and one of its members as the Vice Mayor, each for a two year term. The Mayor presides at all council meetings and performs ceremonial duties and functions. The Vice Mayor performs duties in the Mayor’s absence.
The City Manager carries out day-to-day administrative operations and has broad authority to manage the organization. Dana McDaniel has served as Dublin’s City Manager since January 2015.
Director Communication & Public Information
About the City of Dublin, Ohio, USA
Dublin is a city of more than 47,000 residents located just northwest of Columbus, Ohio. It offers residents and corporate citizens responsive services, attractive housing, superior public education, direct regional highway access, abundant park space, thoughtful and strategic planning, innovative ideas and technology and a dynamic community life. Dublin is consistently ranked one of the safest cities in the nation and in 2015 was named one of America’s Top 20 Creative Class Cities. It is home to more than 20 corporate headquarters, an entrepreneurial center, 3,000+ businesses, world-class events and the urban, walkable Bridge Street District. For more information, visit DublinOhioUSA.gov or call 614.410.4400.