A Message from Rumpke
As we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times, we are incredibly grateful to our employees, customers and communities. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Our drivers and operators are on the front lines every day, performing essential duties and protecting human health.
As the threat of the coronavirus extends into our hometowns, the safety of our employees and customers has never been more crucial. Please help us stop the spread.
What you can do:
- Wipe down your trash or recycling receptacle and/or hose it out periodically.
- Contact Rumpke regarding proper large item disposal. Contact our customer service team at least 24-hours in advance of placing large items at the curb.
- Bag all of your trash in sealed and sturdy bags. This reduces employee exposure to items like used tissues and other personal hygiene products.
- Dispose of household hazardous waste properly. Hazardous items such as batteries, pool chemicals and propane tanks do not belong in your trash or recycling containers.
- Properly dispose of medical sharps. Place medical sharps used to administer medication to individuals or pets in a rigid plastic container, clearly labeled “Sharps” and sealed shut and then place it in the trash.
- Place trash and recycling curbside the night before scheduled service.
- Continue to place recycling in your bin loose – not in plastic bags. Ensure you only place the correct items in your recycling container.
- Completely empty all containers. Make certain all recyclable bottles, jugs, and cans are empty and free of liquid.
- No bags in recycling. Remember items like trash bags and plastic grocery bags, tissues, napkins and paper cups aren’t accepted in recycling.
- Visit www.rumpke.com. We are experiencing higher call volumes at this time. If you have a question, please consider contacting Rumpke Customer Service via email at Rumpke.com.
Thank you for following these steps to help keep your drivers safe.
Assistance with Large Cleanups
During the past two weeks, we have noted a significant increase in material placed at the curb. As your household works on spring cleaning projects, consider Rumpke’s service options for large scale cleanups including open top dumpster rentals and Haul-it-Away service (Greater Cincinnati area only).
Rumpke Continues to Provide Recycling Services
With concerns over the coronavirus, several communities have amended recycling guidelines. Despite changes in some areas, we would like to confirm that Rumpke is still collecting recycling and successfully processing materials for manufacturers.
In fact, we need recyclable material now more than ever. As non-perishable items are flying off the shelves, those pasta boxes, cans, wine bottles and water bottles are recyclable material; and we want it all! Cardboard boxes from online purchasing should be recycled – they will be made into new cardboard boxes.
Rumpke accepts the following items in its recycling program:
- Cardboard boxes
- Office paper
- Junk mail and envelopes
- Cartons (milk and juice – not eggs)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic bottles and jugs
- Aluminum cans
- Steel cans
Improperly preparing recyclables or placing incorrect items in recycling containers will prevent correct items from being recycled and put Rumpke team members at risk.
Rumpke will continue to do the right thing for our people, customers, communities and the environment. The only way to get through this is together, and we know that we will.